• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Speaking of getting awesome Pay it Forward mystery boxes, I received 143ksk's box of Archie stuff today. I probably shouldn't tell you guys how awesome it is, because now you might actually claim his next one, but it was so fantastic I can't keep my mouth shut.

143ksk graciously allowed me to send him a checklist of the Archie stuff I was looking for, and as a result, I received no fewer than 22 issues of Archie I needed for my collection. Take that, checklist! Plus he threw in some cool 60's stuff like Tippy Teen and Bunny as well as a hardcover Archie book featuring alternate covers for Archie #600 done by dozens of famous comic book artists.

So great :banana:

SAM_0708.jpg

SAM_0711.jpg

Oh, and did I mention the pre-code Pep?

SAM_0715.jpg

Always happy to help out a fellow Archie collector :)

My offer is, A Stack 'o Spider-man. About 50 different spiderman books in all. There's enough spiderman here to choke any spider fan. Here's what's included.

EDIT: Shipping outside of the US probably isn't possible given the weight of this. If you want to foot the bill for shipping outside the US that's fine however.

Spider-men Mini-Series 1-5, plus two issue 1 variants. This story was really good.

spidermen.jpg

Marvel Knights Spider-man 1-22 by Mark Millar/Terry Dodson

background.jpg

McFarlane Spider-man 1-13, issue 1 silver edition still in the collectible poly-bag!

2423634-spider_man__1990__01sb_silver_edition_bagged_super.jpeg

And last but not least TEN (10) random Amazing Spider-man issues including the following:

700 variant

spiderman.jpg

:takeit: (provided I haven't misinterpreted this thread again :whistle: )

Got my stuff today from TV, and of course everything looks money. Packed well enough to withstand delivery by Ace Ventura himself! Thanks Guy!!

:) Oh I know all about the FV threads and even recall something about the title not matching the contents. I just haven't sought them out prior to posting what I got. But thank you so much for the link (saving me the search). :applause:
My reply was directed more at manicnerd than you but those of us on the boards that collect foreign books are always glad to see anyone take an interest in them. doh! (thumbs u

Always happy to help out a fellow Archie collector :)

Would love to throw more awesome stuff in my PIFs, but postage rates keeps killing this… :(

@manicnerd: I’ll make my next PIF a "reserved" italian Spidey offer for you… ;)

Awesome! I added this thread to my watch list so hopefully I stop missing all these great Spidey offers!

:) Oh I know all about the FV threads and even recall something about the title not matching the contents. I just haven't sought them out prior to posting what I got. But thank you so much for the link (saving me the search). :applause:
My reply was directed more at manicnerd than you but those of us on the boards that collect foreign books are always glad to see anyone take an interest in them. doh! (thumbs u

I had seen the thread but stayed away due to the size...I figured there's no way I'd be able to read through it all but I think I'm going to make some time. I find the foreign variants pretty interesting since I got my 1st one from this pif thread thanks to NinjaSealed (and have purchased 3 more this past week!).

Current offer:

Looking forward to reading the New X-Men stories again.It's been close to 30 years since I immersed myself in them.

My offer is Alf #1 CGC 9.6 old label.Case is cracked on the right edge & the top staple is real funky.Perfect for a crack ,press & sign by Robert Redford

I'll cover up to $15 for International shipping.Domestic if free.And yes,I've got bullitproof packing & boxes for slabs.

CGC1003.jpg

I had seen the thread but stayed away due to the size...I figured there's no way I'd be able to read through it all but I think I'm going to make some time. I find the foreign variants pretty interesting since I got my 1st one from this pif thread thanks to NinjaSealed (and have purchased 3 more this past week!).

To be honest, there is no need to read it in full. You may just want to read Define999 (the creator) initial post, which explains its content and scope, and then skip to the most recent messages. If someone needs information there are constantly, besides myself, members Marmat (Matteo, from Italy – lives in Spain), lscomics (USA), Liaton-9000 (from Canada), gmedina64 (from Mexico) and Chespirito, among many others, willing to help.

Besides this, I have already raised the question as I think the term "variants" is inappropriate, as those are properly foreign editions. The thread is not about comics originating from a different country, but rather is about comics from a specific country which have been published in different countries worldwide. For example, spanish editions of Spider-Man are fine, and so are – say – german editions of Tintin, but not US Spideys or the French Tintins as they’d be the original publications.

Now someone grab that Alf! :D

You're welcome to take a look through my Photobucket pics. I have some Spideys in there though, everything's arranged in sub-folders. (thumbs u

lscomics Foreign Editions

This one always gives me the shivers :D

Thailand?

AmazingFantasy15India_zps5643b35d.jpg

India (thumbs u

it may have been bought in Thailand, but that ain't Thai