• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Why ont people just take them, Like the thread was made for? Not specific tastes, Its FREE BOOKS TAKE THEM

I've been involved with this thread since NamesJay started it. I'm the one who asked Arch to make it a sticky thread so we could keep it on the front page, because at first, that was the only way to give this thread a chance. I still check the thread every time I log in. But more and more lately, anytime there are more than 5 new posts in the thread, it's because of arguing over an offer rather than offers moving. I'm not siding either way on the current issue, nor am I going to offer a suggestion for a solution such as a rule change because as adults, I expect the participants to understand the point of this thread, and act accordingly. That seems to be wishful thinking, but it is what it is.

That said, let's get the thread back on track. Mkkiller, :takeit:

The books will be going to Akron's Children Hospital.

I'll have my offer up within an hour or so.

:applause:

:whee:

Option 1:

Two oversized hardcovers, The Eternals and Secret War.

IMG_0046.jpg

Option 2:

Two hardcovers and 2 tpbs, Onslaught Reborm, X-Men: World's Apart, Spider-Man: Down Among the Dead Men and Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure.

IMG_0047.jpg

Option 3:

A mystery box of 25 comics.

Shipping is worldwide, as always.

Option 1:

Two oversized hardcovers, The Eternals and Secret War.

Shipping is worldwide, as always.

:takeit:

Awesome offer as always. I'll have something up in the next 30-45 min.

(thumbs u

I've still got the PM with your address. I'll have these out on Monday. Thanks.

Wolverine Extravaganza Lot

My PIF offer is a lot of Wolverine required reading. If you haven't read all of these stories, or if you haven't read them in a long time, here's your chance to read them all now.

Part 1 - Wolverine and the X-men Vol 1 & 2 TPB's.

Reprints the first 8 issues of this excellent currently ongoing series.

Part 2 - The incredible Hulk and Wolvering & Spider-man vs. Wolverine

'Nuff Said

Part 3 - Origin Parts 1-6

Great background story and awesome artwork

Part 4 - Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine

Issues 1-9 and, more importantly issues 72-84 Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith

I'll let this lot fester for a bit. If it doesn't get any love I'll make a new offer Sunday morning.

EDIT: I will ship anywhere, and cover the first $15. This will probably be a heavy box, keep that in mind if you are international.

pif1.jpg

pif2.jpg

pif3.jpg

pif4.jpg

pif5.jpg

My PIF offer is a lot of Wolverine required reading. If you haven't read all of these stories, or if you haven't read them in a long time, here's your chance to read them all now.

'Nuff Said

I'll let this lot fester for a bit. If it doesn't get any love I'll make a new offer Sunday morning.

EDIT: I will ship anywhere, and cover the first $15. This will probably be a heavy box, keep that in mind if you are international.

pif1.jpg

pif2.jpg

pif3.jpg

pif4.jpg

pif5.jpg

:takeit: PM Jazzno please and get the details for his nephew who had to have leg surgery. A fellow San Antonian. Send it to him please. Will have an offer up shortly

Gsims718, I sent a PM to Jazzno. I'll get these shipped out once I hear back.

~Guy

Thanks. It was a super sick offer, thanks for putting it up. I hope he enjoys it. Tons of fun reading in there.

Up for grabs is six tpbs. Te first three are from te hero initiative. They contain all the sketch covers done for Hulk, Spider-man, and Archie.

I think these are really cool an give you a chance to see all the artists takes on the characters.

Also included is Frank Millers Give Me Liberty, Spider-man Strange Adventures, and Wolverine Soultaker.

Shipped anywhere with first $12 covered.

Sorry about the sideways pic. I'm on mobile and can't correct right now.

9C1D2664-572D-400B-B6E8-F4A1432D9656-127-000000014A035E07_zps39f3d472.jpg

Up for grabs is six tpbs. Te first three are from te hero initiative. They contain all the sketch covers done for Hulk, Spider-man, and Archie.

I think these are really cool an give you a chance to see all the artists takes on the characters.

Also included is Frank Millers Give Me Liberty, Spider-man Strange Adventures, and Wolverine Soultaker.

Are you kidding me?? Over 200 sketch covers for next to nothing???

No waiting in lines??? No cgc fees???

CHEEEETTTTTT

I will put an offer up by 9 pm eastern if that is ok.

'Nuff Said

:takeit: PM Jazzno please and get the details for his nephew who had to have leg surgery. A fellow San Antonian. Send it to him please. Will have an offer up shortly

George - very generous of you bud! Thank you! :golfclap:

Are you kidding me?? Over 200 sketch covers for next to nothing???

No waiting in lines??? No cgc fees???

CHEEEETTTTTT

I will put an offer up by 9 pm eastern if that is ok.

^^

Thanks. PM me your address and I will get them out ASAP. Thanks man!

I don't follow this thread much but can you have a PIF offer up and also list the books as available for sale here !??!!

lol

Wow Is all I can say from today got to meet a great artist by the name of Michael Luck, Worked on a bunch of marvel comics worked in the industry...He Gave me some unpublished work, That was supposed to be a Christian comic book but was to violent so the plan got scrapped I have two character drawings from that

wow. I meant to stay out of this new/old discussion, and though this is OT... wow

As some probably know, I've made a friend from the industry and visit with him 2 or 3 times a month. If he were to GIVE me something and then learn I turned right around and offered it for sale...

wow

Character Creation From a cancelled Christian Comic book $100

Signed And Sketched by Mike Luck

DSC00291.jpg

Oh and these all survived a fire that Mr. luck had about 5 or 6 years ago, He was willing to part with them because I was such a nice person. We chatted for hours, Drank smoked, It was a blast, He is also working on a commission for me, That he is going do for free, Something that would have cost me around $500 I'm getting done for free. AHHHH , Love my life and the people I meet.

Especially if you can make money off of their generosity. Will we be seeing your free commission for sale soon too? Maybe for say... $500?

Sorry for the derailment. I just... wow.

It's your stuff thanks to the kindness of your... friend. You can do what you want with it. I just had to add my 2c

If there is some detail I missed where he new what you planned for his "gifts", then I apologize, and will edit this out.

Sounds like he paid for this and is getting a free commission later. At least that's how I read it

Sounds like he paid for this and is getting a free commission later. At least that's how I read it

Wow Is all I can say from today got to meet a great artist by the name of Michael Luck, Worked on a bunch of marvel comics worked in the industry...He Gave me some unpublished work, That was supposed to be a Christian comic book but was to violent so the plan got scrapped I have two character drawings from that

I'm done krapping here. I just remember how he was beaming about how cool this meeting was. Now we all know why. I'm probably riding on a high horse, but I'm just a little sickened by what looks like someone taking advantage of anoth... Oohhhhh.

There seems to be a pattern here.

Out.

Please make a new thread in general for a call out. This thread is back on track.

No offense to anyone. :headbang:

I will be shipping priority medium box within the usa. Outside of the states will need collab on shippings.

Here is my offer:

Still sealed.....Brand new HC's:

Ms. Marvel: Ascension (Marvel Premier) HC

Cable: Waiting for the End of the World (Marvel Premier) HC

and

Wolverine resin statue who will protect your comics.

It is 3.8 inches high. It was made for the 2nd x-men movie in 2003. It comes with the original box and CoA. Apparently its a limited run of 45k. It is numbered 13219/45k.

DSCF1167_zpsc293dff8.jpgDSCF1168_zpsd8a417a1.jpg