• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

His post seemed pretty clear, US only.

The problem isn't always a monetary one, sometimes customs, insurance, tracking, time delays, etc, are things someone doesn't want to deal with. I've spent $40 bucks to ship a bunch of free slabs to our neighbors to the North, but it was my preference; it should be up to the poster to make that decision.

I agree.

I do ship to Canada, but it's a pain sometimes at the PO

I do everything through USPS' "Click & Ship." The only thing you have to do at the PO is hand the person at the counter the package, you can't just give it to your mailman.

:]

-slym

Im gonna go to the post office for the quote, assuming its not ridiculous, it's a go.

I guess "US only please" is not specific enough though? So i'm looking for what would be better? How specific does one have to get?

Im gonna go to the post office for the quote, assuming its not ridiculous, it's a go.

I guess "US only please" is not specific enough though? So i'm looking for what would be better? How specific does one have to get?

no foreigners

No Non Americans...

If you're not an American your a terrorist...I don't ship to terrorists.

no foreigners

No Non Americans...

:golfclap:

"Free shipping to US.

All others:

1) At cost

or

2) To Canada or overseas I'll cover the first $whatever US shipping would cost- You (Recipient) pick up the rest"

Something to that effect. If you're willing to pay $15 to ship anywhere in the US, ask the recipient to cover the rest.

EDIT: It's a good idea to state that in your offer.

Understood, but I think I like this one better. Thanks everyone.

no foreigners

No Non Americans...

I don't see the harm in someone outside the US asking for an exception. The person making the offer would be well within their rights to refuse as well. But where's the harm in asking?

I concur wholeheartedly with every bit of this post.

stanley, if you don't want to ship to Canada, I think BathedInFlames will understand.

:)

-slym

Although avoiding any possibly annoying extra-procedure is understandable with the PIF – after all it’s for fun, I can really reassure MikeNYC and any other which fears difficulties in shipping overseas: it all depends on how you do it.

It is clear that if you ship a book which has no astronomic value, there is not much need to insure it or so (insurance is not even an option when you ship via Postal Service from Italy to any other location – I think you have to ship using courriers to have it).

All that I have shipped to US so far was shipped Priority, or Registered at request.

It generally takes about 10 days and everything goes smoothly.

Of course, if I am shipping something more costly, I use Registered and pack it super-super-securely. :)

Ah, and of course shipping things like slabs overseas is insanely costly.

That’s why I still think the formula "I will cover up to $XX or "I will cover the cost of US continental shipping and then it’s up to the terrorists foreigners to cover the additional shipping costs is the best… :D

Ya I'm not sure why there are people getting their undies in a twist over shipping to terrorists. If they want to pay for the shipping what difference does it make? You can even ask they send it paypal gift and they can't do a charge back later (if I'm not mistaken).

Ya I'm not sure why there are people getting their undies in a twist over shipping to terrorists. If they want to pay for the shipping what difference does it make? You can even ask they send it paypal gift and they can't do a charge back later (if I'm not mistaken).

I <3 shipping PIFs overseas… :cloud9:

I’d just wish postage would cost less… I would have got a lot of drek and also a lot of good stuff to give… :(

It is too bad we all aren't well-off enough to mandate free shipping if one is to participate in th PIF thread.

I know I am not... if I had to ship that last offering of mine (43 comics, packaged well it weighed 11 pounds!) to anywhere outside the US, it would easily have been $40, minimum.

:o

-slym

I know I am not... if I had to ship that last offering of mine (43 comics, packaged well it weighed 11 pounds!) to anywhere outside the US, it would easily have been $40, minimum.

That’s what pretty much kills it… :(

It‘s not a question of wealth anyway, those shipping rates have really gone insane in the last years.

BTW I fully understand the concern of shipping abroad for those which are not accustomed to it, or if there are additional annoying steps to take – I used to see shipping overseas as an arcane and unfathomable task, but then I bought a scale and see how easy it is… :)

I just learned that if you think you are packaging it well-enough, you might want to do a little more. Don't try and jam ~20 comics into a Priority Mail Flat-Rate bubble envelope and expect it to be OK to Italy, even with as much cardboard as I could use and still make it fit the envelope.

I know, vaillant, we both agreed on it, but I still feel rotten...

:(

-slym