• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have a closet full of boxes I have ordered from the USPS, I know the system. I also know that how I package comics, I am not going to fit these into one of those boxes unless I do what I mentioned, and then you repeated, about "bricking" the comics.

That is up to 69Camaro, who has yet to respond.

I, for one, am going to wait and see what he says, he still may not want to pay $22 ($32 minus the $10 I will cover) for these comics.

I am going to need to buy something from you one day to see what you mean. I do not brick them, I got that term from you. You said you would have to remove the bag/board to fit them in.

I just have to see it to grasp the concept since I am a visual person. I am just imagining unwrapping 25 feet of bubble wrap atm. :roflmao:

He should be on later so we can get this resolved.

Sounds about right - with multiple layers of cardboard for these large lots, and LOTS of tape!

:headbang:

FYI - "bricking" usually means removing the comics from the bags & boards and fitting 5 to 6 comics in one comic bag, repeating with all 40 comics (in this example) and then making 3 or 4 bundles of bagged comics, like little comic book bricks.

;)

-slym

Yeah, I have a closet full of boxes I have ordered from the USPS, I know the system. I also know that how I package comics, I am not going to fit these into one of those boxes unless I do what I mentioned, and then you repeated, about "bricking" the comics.

I, for one, am going to wait and see what he says, he still may not want to pay $22 ($32 minus the $10 I will cover) for these comics.

I am going to need to buy something from you one day to see what you mean. I do not brick them, I got that term from you. You said you would have to remove the bag/board to fit them in.

I just have to see it to grasp the concept since I am a visual person. I am just imagining unwrapping 25 feet of bubble wrap atm. :roflmao:

Slym's packing on large lots of books is very nice indeed. Really no way he could fit over 40 books in any of the medium boxes. :D

Heh - thanks, man. I always worry about so many books being packed together...

:blush:

-slym

Sounds about right - with multiple layers of cardboard for these large lots, and LOTS of tape!

:headbang:

FYI - "bricking" usually means removing the comics from the bags & boards and fitting 5 to 6 comics in one comic bag, repeating with all 40 comics (in this example) and then making 3 or 4 bundles of bagged comics, like little comic book bricks.

;)

-slym

I did not know that.

That sounds exactly like what LCS did with their extra issues that did not sell in the 90's. I love buying those whenever I find them. They usually are at flea markets.

Bricking---something new I learned today!! :headbang:

My offering is a Walking Dead Compendium. It has a large corner crease on the back cover, if condition matters to anyone. Over 1000 pages reprinting Walking Dead #1-48

I will ship it anywhere on my dime. (it's fairly heavy)

If no one takes it in the next couple of hours or so, I will add a little more to it.

Joe

walking-dead_zps7f6e8c45.jpg

I won't be able to get back here until much later tonight, so I'll this book as well.

Joe

invaders_zpsf0e12796.jpg

Joe

:bump:

I think we are waiting on him to return so that Slym can make sure they are proceeding with the offer/takeit.

I have been waiting in case I want to take it. We just do not want him to be shelling out more than he thought since its US to CA, then potentially back to US.

Cool, I was just bumping it forward in case people got on for the first time today. I didn't catch the part about the shipping cost for slym to Canada. I was thinking about the guy paying for free from Canada to the U.S. That would be a sucky double shipping hit..

Hi guys, sorry for holding things up. I sent Slym a message and I think we will be all good.

I really hate to ask this, but would it be ok if I revised my offering to include say up to $20 shipping and the taker pays the rest? I guess I wasn't really thinking that someone overseas may take it. The last comic I shipped was a slab sent to Australia and it cost me over $100. Mind you I shipped it Xpresspost International insured which I wouldn't do in this case.

I'm having a little trouble logging into my photobucket account, so I can't add to my offerings right now. It is a very presentable VG or better Teen Titans #2 (reader) that will be included in this lot.

** If no one takes it tonight, I'll change it up in the early hours. I'm pretty sure someone will grab my new offering ;)

So this is my offering right now, just to clean it up a little.

I will cover the first $20 shipping anywhere.

If it doesn't move by the early morning hours, I'll offer something else that I'm sure will move quickly.

invaders_zpsf0e12796.jpg

teen-titans1a_zps6c04ad12.jpg

So this is my offering right now, just to clean it up a little.

I will cover the first $20 shipping anywhere.

If it doesn't move by the early morning hours, I'll offer something else that I'm sure will move quickly.

invaders_zpsf0e12796.jpg

teen-titans1a_zps6c04ad12.jpg

:takeit: plz!!!!

Since I am about a 12 hr drive from my collection I will have to post invisible offers until I get home on Thursday so should be able to post images then if required. New offer every 24hrs. DeathStroke <3

Shipping on me is North America else will cover the first $15. Questions feel free to ask away :)

Offer 1

Set of blanks:

I believe I have about 6 blanks in a box at home. If I find more will throw em in too.

No offense, but I think there is a pretty low chance that someone is going to claim an offer with no pictures and no real description as to what the offer is. I think 6 blank covers are awesome, don't get me wrong. The thing is, is it 6 or is it 'about 6'. What are they? What condition are they in? I think it sort of goes against the rules as well as the rules are as follows:

-Post pics or scans of the book(s) you're giving away. Cell phone pics are fine

-Don't take book(s) if you've got nothing to offer in return

I mean it isn't exactly going against them but it's flirting with it. Anyway my main concern is no one claims this because they don't know what they are getting. And won't know for like 4 days when you get home.

You might has well have just said you were offering up a Mystery Box. Again not trying to be offensive or anything just a little on the fence about these circumstances.

I'm not the forum police, he's already 'in the clear' as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just pointing out that he claimed something and clearly wasn't ready to offer something up in return which is flirting with breaking the rules previously posted. That said, the clever way to have had gotten around it would have been to just offer a mystery box.