• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Please choose any 1 of these options!

Please choose 1 of the following options. PM for international. I know the pics are cruddy, but they are all 9.4+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Option 1: Venom Tooth and Claw 1-3 and Hobgoblin lives

DSC01374_zpsbe54ac7c.jpg

Option 2: 1996 lot of Avengers 1-11 with the variants of 1 and 5

DSC01375_zpsbdf6b370.jpg

Option 3: 1996 lot of Fantastic Four 1-11 with 1 and 4 variants

DSC01378_zpsab597e50.jpg

Option 5: 1996 lot of Iron Man 1-4 and 6-11 with 1 variant

DSC01379_zps75e3690e.jpg

AND ANY 1 of these options:

OFFER 1! Superman lot. Superman For All Seasons 2 and 3 and Superman at worlds End 1. All Fine or better.

DSC01450_zps2ff9d916.jpg

OFFER 2! Batman Lot. Batman the Riddler 1, DK2 1, Batman Future 1. All Fine or better.

DSC01452_zps9543cae0.jpg

OFFER 3! Marvels lot: Marvels 1-4. All 7.0+++

DSC01455_zpsf3bc2043.jpg

DSC01454_zps83f22908.jpg

OFFER 4! Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher Hearts of Darkness VF

DSC01453_zpsdb67a54e.jpg

OFFER 5! On a Pale Horse 1 and 2. Fine or better

DSC01451_zps78abfa7d.jpg

Here we go, new PIF

Pick as many as you'd like, even all of them if you want:

Saga 1 Image Firsts

2013-11-14230057_zps5c70bc46.jpg

100 Bullets Vol 1

2013-11-14225921_zps202d0633.jpg

Uber 0-5 (the first story arc)

2013-11-14225615_zpsef8f78ca.jpg

Thor: Across All Worlds

2013-11-14225915_zps99ac3bc4.jpg

Repossessed 1-4 (complete series)

2013-11-14225836_zps6a4d3035.jpg

Wed Comics 1-12 (complete series)

2013-11-14225858_zpsbb693f70.jpg

I Love Trouble 1-6

2013-11-14225758_zps45d4579d.jpg

No talk of torrents, please.

They are just admissions of theft of intellectual property.

Really?

You do realize a torrent is just a way to share a file right? Where did I say I used an illegal torrent site?

If there is a specific rule on this site that forbids the mention of torrents I won't ever do it again; if not, please take a step down from your soapbox.

I'm just going to say my peace here now and then not bring up the subject again.

I know good and well what torrents are, and I know that there are many files that are spread around the Internet that are free and legal.

I also know that there is a substantial amount of material on the Internet that is there because somebody is committing a crime.

And just because I have an opinion on the subject, doesn't mean I'm on a soapbox.

I brought this up initially because the books mentioned being searched for on torrent sites aren't available for free. So if one is downloading them via a torrent file, they are in fact stealing. There is no issue to debate here.

Really?

You do realize a torrent is just a way to share a file right? Where did I say I used an illegal torrent site?

If there is a specific rule on this site that forbids the mention of torrents I won't ever do it again; if not, please take a step down from your soapbox.

I'm just going to say my peace here now and then not bring up the subject again.

I know good and well what torrents are, and I know that there are many files that are spread around the Internet that are free and legal.

I also know that there is a substantial amount of material on the Internet that is there because somebody is committing a crime.

And just because I have an opinion on the subject, doesn't mean I'm on a soapbox.

I brought this up initially because the books mentioned being searched for on torrent sites aren't available for free. So if one is downloading them via a torrent file, they are in fact stealing. There is no issue to debate here.

That's not necessarily true.

Really?

That's fine you have your own opinion, I can respect that. However, no specific sites or torrent files were even being discussed. I made a VERY general statement that *gasp* had the word "torrent" in it and 4 days later you feel like you have to come in and ask that there is no talk of torrents? I really didn't see a necessity in your post; that was my issue with it.

If you really are that worried about intellectual property being stolen I can point you to quite a few threads on this site that have pictures stolen from other websites and posted here on the forums; or is that theft OK with you?

Edit:

Here we go: CGC thread lots of pictures I'm sure someone owns the rights to. Do you suppose everyone who posted those has permission from the owners? I see you contributed your thoughts on this thread, but no objection to stealing those pictures? hm

Out of respect for Jay, which is also the starter of this GREAT thread, I’d drop the discussion, as it is complex and bound to derail the thread. One can always start a thread to discuss the topic, which would also require a better understanding on the meaning of the concept of "copyright", which is something separate from abuse/theft of intellectual work meant to be sold/licensed.

But if people is interested we can publish the private PM discussion me and techtre have had on the subject. :cool:

(No, I won’t – just kidding! :D )

Out of respect for Jay, which is also the starter of this GREAT thread, I’d drop the discussion, as it is complex and bound to derail the thread. One can always start a thread to discuss the topic, which would also require a better understanding on the meaning of the concept of "copyright", which is something separate from abuse/theft of intellectual work meant to be sold/licensed.

But if people is interested we can publish the private PM discussion me and techtre have had on the subject. :cool:

(No, I won’t – just kidding! :D )

Jay: I apologize, I didn't realize you were the thread starter here. I always believe the thread starter calls the shots on the rules so if you say no torrent talk here I'll oblige.

:sorry: