• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Not to mention, this thread truly has become what many initial "objectors" to the thread said it would be become. This thread should have it's title changed to "junk donkey dumping ground", and be "unstickied" by the mods.

That way, if nobody takes the current offer, it'll just keep falling lower and lower down the list of threads, until eventually it disappears, until about 7 years from now when somebody comes along and claims the long-dead offer. :insane:

All one has to do is look at what type of books and other items were being offered in the beginning, and what is being offered now-a-days. Not to mention, at the beginning, there were a lot of boardies participating, but now, it seems like the same 3-5 people, with an occasional noob showing up, but with only a small pool of participants, the offers are seemingly getting lower and lower.

This thread had a good run, but until people are willing to "step up to the plate" and put up decent offers, it's done.

:tonofbricks:

IMG_2707.JPG ASM 265 and 100 Bullets Brother Lono #1

IMG_2706.JPG and Baltimore: Plague Ships 1-5

So some good reading material and a copper key. Criticism welcome. Offer is for the whole lot. US shipping only.

Not to mention, this thread truly has become what many initial "objectors" to the thread said it would be become. This thread should have it's title changed to "junk donkey dumping ground", and be "unstickied" by the mods.

That way, if nobody takes the current offer, it'll just keep falling lower and lower down the list of threads, until eventually it disappears, until about 7 years from now when somebody comes along and claims the long-dead offer. :insane:

All one has to do is look at what type of books and other items were being offered in the beginning, and what is being offered now-a-days. Not to mention, at the beginning, there were a lot of boardies participating, but now, it seems like the same 3-5 people, with an occasional noob showing up, but with only a small pool of participants, the offers are seemingly getting lower and lower.

This thread had a good run, but until people are willing to "step up to the plate" and put up decent offers, it's done.

:tonofbricks:

I agree 100%.

:(

-slym

So basically, you're complaining that people's offers aren't good enough. And then in the same breath, wondering why nobody participates any more.

Maybe people don't participate because when they try, the pay it forward police jump on them for having offers that aren't good enough.

You cite what was being offered at the beginning. What I remember about the beginning is that the thread was supposed to be a way to give people cool comics for free. What I will never understand is how anyone who chooses to participate in a thread designed entirely to give things to other people out of generosity can possibly be offended when their offers get claimed by someone who can't themselves offer up some high value book in return. Those claimants aren't taking advantage of anything, because they aren't taking - you're giving.

I can't speak for why other people stopped participating in this thread, but it was once my favorite thread on these boards until people decided it shouldn't be about generosity but rather should be a measuring competition policed by people with a price guide in one hand.

2c

I can't speak for why other people stopped participating in this thread, but it was once my favorite thread on these boards until people decided it shouldn't be about generosity but rather should be a measuring competition policed by people with a price guide in one hand.

2c

This. PIF was the first thread I checked every visit to the forums. Not so much anymore for this exact reason.

Wow - how can you see the price guide in my hand all the way... over there?

:eyeroll:

To me, there is a difference in generosity and getting screwed. No one was going to be able to match the CGC X-Men #3, but if all I was gonna offer was two common comics afterward, I wouldn't claim the thing.

It isn't about dollar value. There are other forms of value than monetary. I heard one person here might offer up some relatively common books, but they are all signed by the creator. Not CGC SS, just raw - and to me, that is a pretty valuable offering. It has nothing to do with money.

Now, I have to go & get my measured again, I like to use the price guide as a ruler.

*sigh*

-slym

Now, I have to go & get my measured again, I like to use the price guide as a ruler.

-slym

You should clarify what side you use... They aren't that thick.

:roflmao:

:jokealert:

Personally there have been a few things I have wanted buy not claimed because I felt that my offering I had at the time wouldn't compare. I have however, gone and picked up a few things specifically for this thread in hopes that something I have a good bit of interest in will show up.

2c