• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

My offers - Pick one. Shipping to US only please.

Nemesis Archives Volume 1 (Archive Editions) Hardcover

Steve Flint was a crusading private detective - no crime was too small or too big for him to take on, and the criminal underworld quaked in fear at the very mention of his name. But when FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover asks Flint to investigate the Mafia's connections to sabotage the race to the moon, the crusading detective took on more than he expected and was murdered by the Mob. For most men the story would end there . . . but Steve Flint is sent back from the great Unknown as a spirit empowered by the Grim Reaper with superhuman abilities, charged with capturing his killers and striking a blow for justice as the ghostly hero Nemesis!

nemesis_zpsaf4f538f.jpg

Magicman Archives Volume 1 (Archive Editions) Hardcover

Vietnam, 1965: US Army Private First Class Tom Cargill seemed like most soldiers to the men in his squad, but little did they know that he was, in truth, an immortal! More than two hundred years old, the son of the alchemist and sorcerer Cagliostro, Tom Cargill was the most powerful magician in the world. When Red Chinese soldiers threatened American lives in Vietnam, Cargill donned a mask and costume to battle evil as the supernatural superhero Magicman! Whether overseas at war or in the homeland against mad scientists and alien invaders from outer space, Magicman used his powers to fight for justice wherever evil and terror reigned!

magicman_zps56c99f40.jpg

Daring Mystery, Vol. 1 (Marvel Masterworks: Golden Age, Vol. 133) Hardcover

Following the phenomenal success of Marvel Comics #1, Timely released its second superhero anthology Daring Mystery Comics, in January 1940. This hardcover collection remasters and restores these early adventures that introduce brand-new characters into the Marvel mythos (several of whom will be appearing in The Twelve by J. Michael Straczynski & Chris Weston). See the startling introduction of the Fiery Mask where he faces the fantastic thriller of the walking corpses. Soldier of fortune John Steel sneaks behind enemy lines. The Phantom Bullet, scourge of the underworld, faces off against a dastardly band of Head Hunters. District Attorney Dennis Burton decides to take the law into his own hands as the Laughing Mask and then later as the Purple Mask. Meet the Phantom Reporter - cub reporter by day...scourge of the underworld by night. Plus: The Texas Kid; Monako, Prince of Magic; Flash Foster, Phantom of the Underworld, Barney Mullen, Sea outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed; Zephyr Jones and his rocket ship; Trojak the Tiger Man; Captain K-4 and his Sky Devils; Mr. E; Dale of the FBI; Breeze Barton in the Miracle City; Marvex the Super-Robot; Captain Strong of the Foreign Legion; Whirlwind Carte of the Interplanetary Secret Service; and more!

daring_zpsbf1af7ad.jpg

My offers - Pick one. Shipping to US only please.

Magicman Archives Volume 1 (Archive Editions) Hardcover

Vietnam, 1965: US Army Private First Class Tom Cargill seemed like most soldiers to the men in his squad, but little did they know that he was, in truth, an immortal! More than two hundred years old, the son of the alchemist and sorcerer Cagliostro, Tom Cargill was the most powerful magician in the world. When Red Chinese soldiers threatened American lives in Vietnam, Cargill donned a mask and costume to battle evil as the supernatural superhero Magicman! Whether overseas at war or in the homeland against mad scientists and alien invaders from outer space, Magicman used his powers to fight for justice wherever evil and terror reigned!

magicman_zps56c99f40.jpg

Okay, I just have to have it. Heard too many weird things about this series to resist the chance to read it.

:takeit:

Let's start with this offer. U.S. only for the moment, sorry foreign types. We still love you! Even if the USPS doesn't.

This is a true Pay It Forward. Two generous souls in previous PIF offerings included these Daredevil themed tomes. After reading them, I have verified that, in fact, I am not a Daredevil fan. I tried! :cry:

If you are, though, here's some sweet stuff: Essentials volume 1, which collects #1-25, and The Devil Inside and Out Volume 1, which collects Ed Brubaker's Daredevil #82-87:

SAM_1574.jpg

oh man the daredevil in prison TPB is soooo good. the first TPB I ever bought.

oh man the daredevil in prison TPB is soooo good. the first TPB I ever bought.

(thumbs u

It really is pretty great. I'm not a Daredevil guy, but I love Brubaker.

Someone who likes both DD and Brubaker will probably enjoy this even more than I did.

I'm too impatient to let one offer sit for more than ten minutes, so I'm going to just put some more up. If you see something you want, take it! Because someone might take something else if you don't.

Please pick ONE option.

Shipping to the U.S. only for the moment, sorry foreign types. We still love you! Even if the USPS doesn't.

Option 1: This is a true Pay It Forward. Two generous souls in previous PIF offerings included these Daredevil themed tomes. After reading them, I have verified that, in fact, I am not a Daredevil fan. I tried! :cry:

If you are, though, here's some sweet stuff: Essentials volume 1, which collects #1-25, and The Devil Inside and Out Volume 1, which collects Ed Brubaker's Daredevil #82-87:

SAM_1574.jpg

Option 2: Ka-Zar blowout awesomeness!

Savage Tales #6-11, Annual #1 and Astonishing Tales #12 and 19. I'm pretty sure Neal Adams did one of the magazine covers. Annual #1 collects the classic Barry Windsor Smith Ka-Zar story from Astonishing Tales. And look at that AT #12, an awesome black frame cover!

Some of the Savage Tales issues also have full-length Shanna the She-Devil stories!

SAM_1576.jpg

Option 3: Mystery Box!

What's in the box?!

It's a mystery even to me! I'll try to tailor it to my audience, while also throwing in some fun stuff to read.

WqUKxPd.jpg

How interesting, I just read the prison arc today and it was fantastic. I find Daredevil himself to be incredibly boring as a character though. Highly recommend someone picking that up.