• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Speaking of kerplunc I got my books (from his last PIF offer) from him this morning well packed with extras (cant wait to read The Wake).

thanks 'plunc!

Glad to hear it arrived safe and sound. Enjoy!

Looks like I'll have to change up the current offers a bit...

Speaking of kerplunc I got my books (from his last PIF offer) from him this morning well packed with extras (cant wait to read The Wake).

thanks 'plunc!

Your offers seem pretty good to me. As someone who has lurked this thread a bit, I'm actually looking to see if I have anything good enough that I'd like to pay forward to tale up one of yours. Any hints on the mystery box?

thanks 'plunc!

Your offers seem pretty good to me. As someone who has lurked this thread a bit, I'm actually looking to see if I have anything good enough that I'd like to pay forward to tale up one of yours. Any hints on the mystery box?

+1

Sure. While my collection is kinda Superman and Batman heavy, I have enough other stuff to please a fan of just about anything. Plenty of Marvel stuff, and lots of independents as well. I usually ask whoever takes one of my offers what they are in to, and I try to tailor the contents into something they would enjoy.

So, for example, someone claims offer 3 and lets me know they like zombies. I would probably included a few of these, and copy of this, and probably a few more things.

That's as big of a hint as I can give, haha. Beyond that, you'll have to take the offer and see what happens.

Sure. While my collection is kinda Superman and Batman heavy, I have enough other stuff to please a fan of just about anything. Plenty of Marvel stuff, and lots of independents as well. I usually ask whoever takes one of my offers what they are in to, and I try to tailor the contents into something they would enjoy.

So, for example, someone claims offer 3 and lets me know they like zombies. I would probably included a few of these, and copy of this, and probably a few more things.

That's as big of a hint as I can give, haha. Beyond that, you'll have to take the offer and see what happens.

"this" is actually pretty enjoyable. My son asked for it on a visit to a comic shop. Pretty funny.

If we claim the third option…can it still be a mystery but guaranteed to include "this"?

"This" looks absolutely hilarious and I'd love to read it.

Yes

Your hint was stellar, and any one of those offers seems great. I particularly like the gambling aspects for fun! I'm just not sure what I've got available to offer at the time would generate much interest. I'm sure someone will grab one of these :).

Alright, here we go, round 2. Adding another two options.

Offer 1:

I know there are a few fans of digital comics here, lets see if we can't lure at least one of them out. Take this offer and you will receive a code good for one free download of the Age of Ultron collection, delivered promptly to your PM inbox.

Offer 2:

Love gift certificates? I sure do. This offer entitles you to a gift certificate sent directly to your email, good at an online comic bookery of your choice. As for the amount, I'll roll a d10 four times and add up the total.

Offer 3:

What set of PIF offers is complete without a good old fashioned mystery box? Claim this offer as your own, and you will be the proud owner of a big box of suprise! Comics, TPBs, HCs, and all sorts of other comic related items will be included.

Offer 4:

Signed Comics

HCGl91Al.jpg?1

Superman 210 signed by Jim Lee

Batman & Robin 18 (the silent issue) signed by Peter J. Tomasi and signed/remarked by Pat Gleason

Offer 5:

DC Animation DVD set

ce4l4w3l.jpg

And just a heads up, any of these additional offers are game to be included in the mystery box...

Alright, here we go, round 2. Adding another two options.

Offer 2:

Love gift certificates? I sure do. This offer entitles you to a gift certificate sent directly to your email, good at an online comic bookery of your choice. As for the amount, I'll roll a d10 four times and add up the total.

I love the 4d10 gift certificate. But, I think you should roll 1d20 first and if it's a critical hit does double gift damage lol .

:takeit:

Offer 3:

What set of PIF offers is complete without a good old fashioned mystery box? Claim this offer as your own, and you will be the proud owner of a big box of suprise! Comics, TPBs, HCs, and all sorts of other comic related items will be included.

I will get my PIF up shortly

Offer 3:

I will get my PIF up shortly

Woo!

Option 1: ASM lot 531 - 543 (missing 534, 539)

image_zps190341b2.jpg

Option 2: Variant cover lot including signed Iron Man WWPA

image_zpsedc3107e.jpg

Option 3: Misc 70's comics (reader copies)

image_zps2d2b593f.jpg

Option 4: Pre Unity valiant lot including Magnus #1 & 5

image_zpsbdf0e8e5.jpg

Option 3: Misc 70's comics (reader copies)

image_zps2d2b593f.jpg

All three of those Conan issues are on my checklist. And not only do I need Brave and the Bold #108 for my Sgt. Rock collection, but this issue also hit stands one day before I was born.

:banana:

Free shipping to the U.S., I will cover the first $10 shipping anywhere else.

My offer:

I bought this hardcover off the stands when it came out in 1988, which was a lot of money for a kid. It was $30 in 1988 money! The book itself is in nice shape, but as you can see, the dust jacket has some tears and a piece missing. It did it's job.

I hate to get rid of this after so long, it's like a member of the family at this point. But I recently got the Avengers Omnibus, so it's redundant now. Hopefully one of you can give it a loving home.

:cry:

SAM_1611.jpg