• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Okay, I am still working it here. Shaking my thang under the PIF light pole until the break of dawn.

I've got another, different Mystery Box offer.

It's the ULTIMATE PIF MYSTERY BOX!

Over the last couple years I've claimed a number of PIF offerings. The kind and generous souls offering up these books have often thrown in extra goodies out of pure generosity. On other occasions, I have claimed lots of books, where my primary interest is in just one or two of those issues.

So here's what I'm going to do to truly Pay It Forward: I'm going to take all of the extra stuff I've received in PIF lots - all of which I have appreciated and (almost) all of which I have read - and send it in one super PIF mystery box.

This includes things like Essentials, tpbs, hardcover collections, bronze age #1 issues, FCBD oddities, random back issues, B+W magazines, and hot moderns. And I'll also throw in a couple things from my own collection as well.

It's basically a cross-section of PIF history. A time capsule of PIF generosity, paid forward all at once to one lucky new owner. This won't be coming just from me, but from all the kind folks who sent me these books to begin with.

It sounds curiously awesome. :takeit:

Okay, I am still working it here. Shaking my thang under the PIF light pole until the break of dawn.

I've got another, different Mystery Box offer.

It's the ULTIMATE PIF MYSTERY BOX!

Over the last couple years I've claimed a number of PIF offerings. The kind and generous souls offering up these books have often thrown in extra goodies out of pure generosity. On other occasions, I have claimed lots of books, where my primary interest is in just one or two of those issues.

So here's what I'm going to do to truly Pay It Forward: I'm going to take all of the extra stuff I've received in PIF lots - all of which I have appreciated and (almost) all of which I have read - and send it in one super PIF mystery box.

This includes things like Essentials, tpbs, hardcover collections, bronze age #1 issues, FCBD oddities, random back issues, B+W magazines, and hot moderns. And I'll also throw in a couple things from my own collection as well.

It's basically a cross-section of PIF history. A time capsule of PIF generosity, paid forward all at once to one lucky new owner. This won't be coming just from me, but from all the kind folks who sent me these books to begin with.

It sounds curiously awesome. :takeit:

^^

:banana:

Anybody have any requests for what they want me to post? I kinda don't want to deal with a repeat of the all the statue drama, so I'm open to suggestions.

Didn't you once offer up a cool Transformers SDCC exclusive? hm

Or since your open to suggestions then maybe something Simpsons, GI Joe or Transformers related?

:banana:

Anybody have any requests for what they want me to post? I kinda don't want to deal with a repeat of the all the statue drama, so I'm open to suggestions.

Post anything you think is cool. I agree with Miraclemet. Runs are awesome. However, I wouldnt be opposed to another statue, lol

Crimebuster, that mystery box sounded awesome!

I think by now you guys know I have no problem giving rad stuff...

so let's do some mystery box madness...

*A note for the mystery boxes. There can be anything inside... trades, full runs, slabbed books, toys... the boxes will be awesome, but HOW awesome will depend on what the taker offers up after... so PIF donkeys!

CHOOSE 1 OPTION

Option A

giphy.gif

X-men Mystery Box

Option B

9201b5e35f0c4cee8556203e2c86c381.gif

Wolverine Mystery Box

Option C

giphy.gif

Cosmic Mystery Box

Option D

tumblr_mf3rcntVgO1rjffywo1_500.gif

Deadpool Mystery Box

Option E

photo FAD67DE7-518B-45C5-A1FA-526F72C6EDD4_zpsfaole9x5.jpg

SDCC 2013 exclusive Transformers Beasthunters Shockwave's Lab

Free Shipping US, I'll pay first $20 international

All those mystery boxes would have been awesome to get... why did my son have to get out of bed!

the next time I claim something I'll do some more mystery boxes (thumbs u

If there would have been a spiderman box I would have been all over that. I bet they were going to be awesome.

Unfortunately I don't collect spider-man. I'm somewhat a hoarder with comics, so I always have tons of extras of the stuff I do collect. lol

Please choose 3 options. Each option comes with 2 books.

Shipping is on me anywhere in the world.

All books are NM/Mint

Option 1

2 copies of The Walking Dead #1 Emerald City Comic Con "Color" Variants

20140412_212038_zps1pl8atr2.jpg

Option 2

GI JOE & TMNT Blanks

87327186-6518-4255-aba4-fc68d22bf2c7_zps6b586c19.jpg

Option 3

Todd The Ugliest Kid on Earth #2 & #3 Both 1st Prints (hot books, low print runs and tv show coming)

20140412_212023_zpsmpd3ipos.jpg

Option 4

Samurai Jack #1 ECCC Variant & Regular Show: Skips #1 ECCC Variant

f44d3596-ab73-4a6b-928c-620b38ffd631_zps40c4370d.jpg

Option 5

Bunker #2 ECCC Variant (only 300 made) & The Witcher #1 Stan Sakai Variant Cover (convention exclusive to raise money for the Sakai family)

d8cf5b5d-b9c0-4221-b558-0a7e9ea47abc_zpsb692fc45.jpg

Option 6

Superman Unchained #1 1st Print & Superman Unchained Directors Cut

20140412_212012_zpsyfn0tw4l.jpg

Option 7

Kick- 2 1st & Last Issues, Both 1st Prints

20140412_214238_zpsstubroda.jpg

Option 8

Superior Spider-Man & Deadpool Blanks

20140412_214248_zpstb9fey2i.jpg

Option 9

Buffy & Serenity ECCC Exclusives

20140412_211924_zpsldi8j885.jpg

options 1,8,9

:takeit:

(I also need someone to PM me and tell me what I'm supposed to do next. I never actually read any rules or anything. I never do. I just wait for someone to tell me what I've done wrong, and then promise not to do it again. At least for awhile, anyway.) :D

They're yours! :headbang:

As for what's next, post an offer or offers for others to take and stipulate the shipping terms. Most people pay for shipping within the USA and offer to cover at least part of the cost for international delivery (assuming its not some 10 or 20 pound package lol). There's more but that should get you started, I guess it would be a good idea to read thru the general rules really quick too. :baiting: