• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I'm going to rescind my :takeit: . I don't need PMs about what I have to offer, so I'd rather just not deal with it. Thanks anyways, Benjamin Grimm.

Here's the current offer, everyone:

Ok, here we go:

USA Media Mail shipping is free, international I'll split 50/50.

Option 1:

volumes 4-8 of the JMS Amazing Spider-Man run. One of my favorites, but I have the Ultimate Collections (vol 2-3) now.

IMG_0398.jpg

Option 2:

Bad picture, sorry. Taken with my phone.

Pick ANY combination (including all) of:

The Crow

Moon Knight: The Bottom

Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules

Cable: Messiah War

Marvel Knights 2099

Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure

Spider-Man (Marvel Knights): Down Among the Dead Men

Spider-Man: Red Headed Stranger

Spider-Man vs Venom

Spider-Man: Venom Returns

IMG_0401.jpg

Option 3:

Pick any 2 of the following:

All ASM:

New Ways to Die

Died In Your Arms Tonight

Election Day

One Moment in Time

Origin of the Species

IMG_0400.jpg

Green Lantern: Secret Origin included in any offer if you want it (back cover slightly water damaged).

You don't have to rescind (can we do that?). Your offers were good. I'd be all over that ASM #238 if I didn't just recently claim something. People will claim your offers, just let it ride out.

Besides, if we are able to rescind, you would throw off the shipping pattern. I haven't shipped my offer to Benjamin Grimm yet but if I did, your rescinding would have just messed that up.

I think you can rescind if you want to. I think if we were to make someone take something they did not want, they could simply offer a wrinkled 90's drek comic until the 4 days was up and it reverted anyway.

You don't have to rescind (can we do that?). Your offers were good. I'd be all over that ASM #238 if I didn't just recently claim something. People will claim your offers, just let it ride out.

Besides, if we are able to rescind, you would throw off the shipping pattern. I haven't shipped my offer to Benjamin Grimm yet but if I did, your rescinding would have just messed that up.

hm That is actually an excellent point. I would say in this case though the chances that shipping took place is slim.

I think you can rescind if you want to. I think if we were to make someone take something they did not want, they could simply offer a wrinkled 90's drek comic until the 4 days was up and it reverted anyway.

Except for the example I gave. Had I shipped it to Benjamin Grimm already and no one takes his offer (even though it was VERY good) it would have reverted back to me again after I already shipped.

I suggest asking the previous person before if they have shipped. If they have, you are stuck with the current offer that you already accepted. If not, then you can rescind.

hm That is actually an excellent point. I would say in this case though the chances that shipping took place is slim.

And there were like 5 people who wanted to claim Grimm's offer. I don't think there will be a problem of it not getting claimed by someone other than me.

Given the circumstances of my offer, there was a very good chance it would have shipped already, I just didn't have his address. If he PM'd me his address already, it would have been shipped right away.

Given the circumstances of my offer, there was a very good chance it would have shipped already, I just didn't have his address. If he PM'd me his address already, it would have been shipped right away.

I claimed the offer at 10PM Est. How could you have shipped it already?

I claimed the offer at 10PM Est. How could you have shipped it already?

The fedex store is open 24hrs near me

Regardless, there is no way to force someone to take an item. Either it reverts to the old item if it has not shipped yet or the offer sits there and the thread dies. Either way there is still no way to enforce it so if it has not shipped it is better to allow him to cancel the request. Its not like this happens all the time.

24 hour USPS? We have one somewhere here in Vegas

Ahh. Where I'm from, every P.O. closes at 5PM, even in the bigger cities.

Either way, I'm sure somebody will be along to claim Grimm's offer before four days are up. It seemed everyone wanted to jump on it right after I claimed it. I'm not trying to set a precedent of people rescinding :takeit: but it's just not worth it to me to get a PM and worry about my offers being good enough for whatever items I claimed. This is a great thread and was fun my first time around a few weeks ago, but I'll probably take a backseat for a long while.

24 hour USPS? We have one somewhere here in Vegas

Ahh. Where I'm from, every P.O. closes at 5PM, even in the bigger cities.

Either way, I'm sure somebody will be along to claim Grimm's offer before four days are up. It seemed everyone wanted to jump on it right after I claimed it. I'm not trying to set a precedent of people rescinding :takeit: but it's just not worth it to me to get a PM and worry about my offers being good enough for whatever items I claimed. This is a great thread and was fun my first time around a few weeks ago, but I'll probably take a backseat for a long while.

There is absolutely no reason for you to rescind the :takeit:

I honestly thought we were done with all this PMing people about their offers nonsense, especially before they're even posted.

The new rules were put in place so that if offers weren't taken, whatever the reason, the system would take care of itself. Shame on the people who feel the need to harass others. You are ruining the spirit of the thread and it is not necessary.

Any of these brave PMers feel like posting what they messaged you so that everyone can see?

It's up to you chaseman, but I would stick with your :takeit: if I were you. Otherwise the new rules and all the discussion around them were pointless.

I don't really know you...

You do know him. Jiminy_Cricket is HulkSmash, who has a track record of cluttering up this thread with absolute garbage and not contributing anything.

That passive aggressive question about what can be offered is absolutely typical behaviour. Not a genuine question, no intention to help or inform, just seeking to stir up trouble. Well done, you've obviously made someone uncomfortable enough that they're trying to rescind their :takeit: before they've even posted an offer.

I must have missed the name change post, but I know it's him as he's one of only two boardies I have on ignore.