• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I will say that I've been wanting to participate in this for some time but it seems like it's always the same people picking up the same good stuff. I understand that you need to monitor the thread etc but how do expect other people to join in and offer their stuff when there isn't an opportunity to do so.

maybe the limit of how often you can take things should be adjusted etc

HUH? This is the first time I have claimed an item in a month. How long should I wait inbetween items?

I will say that I've been wanting to participate in this for some time but it seems like it's always the same people picking up the same good stuff. I understand that you need to monitor the thread etc but how do expect other people to join in and offer their stuff when there isn't an opportunity to do so.

maybe the limit of how often you can take things should be adjusted etc

HUH? This is the first time I have claimed an item in a month. How long should I wait inbetween items?

I don't think the item you claimed was the one I was talking about - but how many items have you claimed this year? I'm sure if we were to look at the total claims by members for 2014 it would probably be the same X number of people. Most of those items that they took were taken within minutes. It's hard to play when people don't allow others to participate

I think you are way out of line. The last time I claimed something was April 13th. That is exactly 2 months ago.

:facepalm:

:hi: Hector

The rules on page one say "no more than one claim per week per Boardie"

So you could claim something every eight days.

As long as you are moving the thread along and making good offerings, I call it fair

Jump in!

So let me ask you? Is my one claim in 2 months that much of an atrocity? Believe me, what I am giving away will be more than I am getting and I am happy with it that way. That is what makes it fun. The next time a good offer comes up perhaps everyone should wait and send you a pm first. :eyeroll:

:gossip: oh and the offer was up for an hour, so plenty of time for someone to grab it.

So let me ask you? Is my one claim in 2 months that much of an atrocity? Believe me, what I am giving away will be more than I am getting and I am happy with it that way. That is what makes it fun. The next time a good offer comes up perhaps everyone should wait and send you a pm first. :eyeroll:

:gossip: oh and the offer was up for an hour, so plenty of time for someone to grab it.

Every time I've seen you claim something, you've offered up something just as good if not better in return. I'm perplexed at how that's not letting others participate... :screwy:

I think you are way out of line. The last time I claimed something was April 13th. That is exactly 2 months ago.

:facepalm:

First of all don't make this out to be more than it is. So relax. I think you'd agree with me that it's usually the same people taking things. Is that not the case?

I'm wondering if Hector was aggravated because Ben's (I'm sure) awesome offer was claimed in like 7 seconds. You gotta admit some of the recent offers have been - (:

So when a great offer comes around, it sucks when it is taken so fast. 2c

I'm wondering if Hector was aggravated because Ben's (I'm sure) awesome offer was claimed in like 7 seconds. You gotta admit some of the recent offers have been - (:

BIN FREAKIN G OOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks Justin - that was exactly my point, no offense to Manicnerd but I know he's a regular here also and it seems that it's really a pay it forward thread made up of X number of members. New boardies don't join because whenever something is up for more than 30 minutes it's usually not something the regulars would want

Hey, I can understand Hector's frustration as well. I was looking forward to Ben's offering. As soon as I see a new post in the thread I :banana: and clicked. And it was already gone?! (shrug)

It's tough to get involved in PIF when the same 5 - 10 people keep :takeit: good offerings.

Thanks Justin - that was exactly my point, no offense to Manicnerd but I know he's a regular here also and it seems that it's really a pay it forward thread made up of X number of members. New boardies don't join because whenever something is up for more than 30 minutes it's usually not something the regulars would want

A lot of the 'regulars' are the only ones keeping this thread going.

Hey, I can understand Hector's frustration as well. I was looking forward to Ben's offering. As soon as I see a new post in the thread I :banana: and clicked. And it was already gone?! (shrug)

It's tough to get involved in PIF when the same 5 - 10 people keep :takeit: good offerings.

I couldn't have said it better. This was my point. I have no issue with anyone personally, I just think the way it's set up isn't helping bring in new people aka new items, better items etc

A lot of the 'regulars' are the only ones keeping this thread going.

^ this ^

I've been here two years and this is the firs time I've participated