• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Sigh... So I am the bad guy here? Not the ones sitting around like meat eaters waiting to see an offer expire so they could jump on the previous one? I would normally agree with you but they basically admitted they were hoping it would be available today. It doesnt take much to read between the lines. I have to admit this one is throwing me for a loop. I would have thought you guys would know by now I would never tolerate manipulating a thread...

Allujay, the difference is that I actually wanted the items! I also did not bail out a buddy. I just claimed similar ones from you in the GT so you know I am telling the truth about it....

You are saying two completely different things in the same post. Your first paragraph says you would never let the thread be manipulated by people not wanting to take dreky modern runs or a large batch of pins and stamps. So you could see yourself taking a set just to make sure the thread was not "manipulated"?

But then your second paragraph explains why you wanted the set you took. Why the need for the first paragraph if you wanted the books - you are following the rules of the thread by taking his offer.

What are you talking about? Go back and read again.

Thanks. Read your comment wrong. Thought you were saying you would not stand for people waiting around for the offer to expire. I think you had the thread's best interest at heart and wanted to give someone every chance to grab it so you waited to the last second. You are (thumbs u in my book.

I think this issue is being blown up for several separate issues.

1) Some people just do not like Hulk Smash and were not going to claim his offer no matter what. Believe me, I can understand that.

2) Others simply did not like his offers. That is understandable. I did not like the Ashcans, buttons, or other offers either. That is why I did not claim them.

3) A small minority thinks that I bailed out Hulk. In a way I guess I did, but not to game the system. What purpose would that serve me? I have battled with him on here numerous times. In fact, if I was up to something, I could have waited another minute and claimed the previous slabs myself. Personally though, I can't stand the X-Men and despite being an awesome offer it held no interest to me.

4) This is the part that concerns me. It may not be popular to say but lets be completely honest with each other here. There were members waiting and hoping that his offer expired so that they could claim the previous offer. If that is true, then that seems wrong to me. I am not for sure why, but it just doesnt feel right to have that thought process. I hope that if so, it is a very very small minority of people that were doing that.

As Cliff Notes aren't available, I'm betting blind here, but why wasn't the X-Men offer grabbed at the time it was offered?

The x-men offer was claimed. Quickly. Then followed up with something else

That's why I'm confused. People are saying that the offer could expire and then they could grab an X-Men slab. How so if it was claimed? Sorry for being a dunce today and being too lazy. Thx

No problem KPR, I will explain.

If an offer is taken, it will not be sent until the person who claims it's offer is taken. If the persons offer is not claimed within 4 days it goes to the previous offer. In other words, if I had not claimed the Fantastic Four run, then the X-men slab would have been back up for grabs for anyone to claim.

No problem KPR, I will explain.

If an offer is taken, it will not be sent until the person who claims it's offer is taken. If the persons offer is not claimed within 4 days it goes to the previous offer. In other words, if I had not claimed the Fantastic Four run, then the X-men slab would have been back up for grabs for anyone to claim.

Everything is illuminated. Thanks CAHokie.

I think this issue is being blown up for several separate issues.

1) Some people just do not like Hulk Smash and were not going to claim his offer no matter what. Believe me, I can understand that.

2) Others simply did not like his offers. That is understandable. I did not like the Ashcans, buttons, or other offers either. That is why I did not claim them.

3) A small minority thinks that I bailed out Hulk. In a way I guess I did, but not to game the system. What purpose would that serve me? I have battled with him on here numerous times. In fact, if I was up to something, I could have waited another minute and claimed the previous slabs myself. Personally though, I can't stand the X-Men and despite being an awesome offer it held no interest to me.

4) This is the part that concerns me. It may not be popular to say but lets be completely honest with each other here. There were members waiting and hoping that his offer expired so that they could claim the previous offer. If that is true, then that seems wrong to me. I am not for sure why, but it just doesnt feel right to have that thought process. I hope that if so, it is a very very small minority of people that were doing that.

Well said, CAHokie. This is supposed to be fun and giving. I'm probably not HulkSmash's biggest fan, but he did everything that could be asked of him. Frequently changing offers trying to find something that someone would want. And it wasn't drek. I was honestly beginning to wonder if PIF was dead. If people want any of the rest of my offer just offer up the kind of things I want! :idea:

Current offer is from fmaz:

Ok for me I'll put up two options. I'll cover shipping in the US. International folks, sorry! If you pick Option #1, though, I'll be happy to cover $10 of it for you.

OPTION #1

Arkham Asylum hardcover (1st printing).

I actually took this as a previous PIF and I'm so glad I did! It's awesome! But this is what PIF is about, right? If someone else hasn't read it, or if someone wants a really nice copy for their collection... Here you go.

OR

OPTION #2

SPIDEY (SEMI) MYSTERY BOX

It'll be a USPS medium flat rate box filled with Spidey related books... Figure around 50 books in total or so! Pick one of the full runs from the list below and then I'll fill the rest of the box with other Spidey-related limited series, one shots, etc. No reason to waste space in a flat rate box!.

Here's the list! Just say "I'll take it" and the Option letter and I'll get it packed up!

A - Marvel Knights Spider-Man (2004) - 1-22

B - Untold Tales of Spider-Man (1995) 1-25

C- Ultimate Marvel Team Up (2001) 1-16

You can also choose to pick one of the options above and then have the rest of the box filled with true "mystery" books...meaning I'll give you an assorted mix! It's a roll of the dice!

[ :takeit:

MARVEL KNIGHTS 4 FANTASTIC FOUR #1-27 NEAR MINT COMPLETE RUN

&

PUNISHERMAX (2009-2012) # 1-8 NM Run Aaron Dillon

^^ PM me your info. And, as promised, I will let you know how much room I have left in the box so you can tell me what else you'd like me to put in it. :)

(Seems like some JDs did some :cry: here today. Oh well.)

It was not a joke: it’s actually the only low-numbered X-Men issue I have, but I realized afterwards that it was a two-part story.

That slab would have been perfect! lol

0gaJf0kh.jpg

Now… focus on the current offer from fmaz:

Ok for me I'll put up two options. I'll cover shipping in the US. International folks, sorry! If you pick Option #1, though, I'll be happy to cover $10 of it for you.

OPTION #1

Arkham Asylum hardcover (1st printing).

I actually took this as a previous PIF and I'm so glad I did! It's awesome! But this is what PIF is about, right? If someone else hasn't read it, or if someone wants a really nice copy for their collection... Here you go.

OR

OPTION #2

SPIDEY (SEMI) MYSTERY BOX

It'll be a USPS medium flat rate box filled with Spidey related books... Figure around 50 books in total or so! Pick one of the full runs from the list below and then I'll fill the rest of the box with other Spidey-related limited series, one shots, etc. No reason to waste space in a flat rate box!.

Here's the list! Just say "I'll take it" and the Option letter and I'll get it packed up!

A - Marvel Knights Spider-Man (2004) - 1-22

B - Untold Tales of Spider-Man (1995) 1-25

C- Ultimate Marvel Team Up (2001) 1-16

You can also choose to pick one of the options above and then have the rest of the box filled with true "mystery" books...meaning I'll give you an assorted mix! It's a roll of the dice!

[ :takeit:

MARVEL KNIGHTS 4 FANTASTIC FOUR #1-27 NEAR MINT COMPLETE RUN

&

PUNISHERMAX (2009-2012) # 1-8 NM Run Aaron Dillon

^^ PM me your info. And, as promised, I will let you know how much room I have left in the box so you can tell me what else you'd like me to put in it. :)

(Seems like some JDs did some :cry: here today. Oh well.)

JD?? Did someone else put up your offers without you seeing them over the last 4 days? I actually thought your first offer must be an inside joke considering all the shiatt talking you have done about offers in the GT.

:applause:

FYI - happy to send them to you when I finish them if you are up for paying shipping (media mail or flat rate, whatever is cheaper).

:D

Just wanted to mention this here because it originated here. Aside from that, I'm staying out of the PIF thread like I said I would. :shy:

rfoiii followed up and I got a PM about a week ago completely out of the blue asking for my address. True to his word, he asked for my address and shipped the Fables books on his dime. And on top of that, he threw in "extras". I don't know how someone throws in extras on top of already following through with freebies being passed on, but it was awesome and really made my day! :cloud9:

2dt0jk2.jpg

I just thought it was an amazing gesture in the TRUE spirit of this once great thread and I wanted to share it. Carry on as you were. :sorry:

:applause:

FYI - happy to send them to you when I finish them if you are up for paying shipping (media mail or flat rate, whatever is cheaper).

:D

Just wanted to mention this here because it originated here. Aside from that, I'm staying out of the PIF thread like I said I would. :shy:

rfoiii followed up and I got a PM about a week ago completely out of the blue asking for my address. True to his word, he asked for my address and shipped the Fables books on his dime. And on top of that, he threw in "extras". I don't know how someone throws in extras on top of already following through with freebies being passed on, but it was awesome and really made my day! :cloud9:

2dt0jk2.jpg

I just thought it was an amazing gesture in the TRUE spirit of this once great thread and I wanted to share it. Carry on as you were. :sorry:

Sweet - Fables is one of the series that got me back into comics. Fables, Y and Walking Dead were books I couldn't get enough of.

JD?

Ah, and if you need my address to send me the X-Men slab: thank you. It’s a two-part story, I have the other issue, so that would be perfect! lol

PM heading your way soon. ;)

If this thread is full of JD (as you call it) and have expressed this view several times in the GT thread then why come back to this thread and accept an offer. If this place is so terrible then why come in and accept an offer? I'd think you would avoid this place like the plague. But when a graded X-Men comes available then you pop over and have no problem grabbing an offer. You are such a hypocrite it upsets my stomach.