• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

And don't take things personally. A lot of it is just luck and timing. Not everyone comes to this thread every day, and sometimes people already have what you post. Offering a variety of things may increase your chances of someone taking your offer.

I would take a mystery box if one popped up. I like the surprise! Maybe I'll do a mystery box.... whomever took it would have to split shipping though.... it's pricey up here in the wild north.

Got my PIF from topcat54 in the mail yesterday. It got here so fast, he should have put a red cape and a big "S" on it (he sent it via USPS Priority Mail, which he didn't have to - I don't expect Priority Mail on something free)! Packaged well, and the Cap issues are in the condition described. VERY happy with it.

Thanks glad you like it tried to add what you read hope that helped. :whee::whee:

As a newbie collector and newbie board member, I have to confess that I found stuff here that I would have loved to take, but I did not pull the trigger for fear of not being able to offer back something valuable and, as a consequence, become the joke of the board :cry:

Never know until you try. Lots less pressure around here to get an offer accepted so it never hurts to give it a whirl.

All that could happen is it reverts back to the 1 before you I messed up the 2nd or 3rd time by offering a NINJAK # 1 doh! wow DID I stall the boards and for those that do not know look around the boards and you will find a thread about this thread and I found out when I offered this book that I was a JUNK DONKEY by some members so I stepped it up alot with my offers.Do not be scared to post is the out come.

JUNK DONKEY ON DECK (worship)

I would take a mystery box if one popped up. I like the surprise! Maybe I'll do a mystery box.... whomever took it would have to split shipping though.... it's pricey up here in the wild north.

Are you in hockey land?

:banana::banana::banana:

Yes, and I'm a terrible Canadian because I don't watch hockey.... But I'm a kick goalie! Well... was... I'm gettin' old man..... just turned 30. I think i'm gonna get one of those medic alert bracelets for when I fall and can't get up.

I missed the last Sandman run that was offered and obviously I missed this one because I had just went. Someday I will get to read that dang series! :sumo:

You should care about your offer, but if you are making an honest attempt do not let it stress you. As said before a lot of it is timing and other factors. Having an offer revert does not make you a Junk Donkey. Someone who intentionally claims a good offer so that they can intentionally offer something much less is a Junk Donkey but luckily there are only a few people with that attitude.

New people on the fence, give it a try!

Okay here are my latest offers. Please choose one.

Option 1:

Marvel Spotlight #32 VF (1st app.) and Spider-Woman #1 VF/NM

r8e1ow.jpg

Option 2:

X-Men #108 VF (the 1st of Byrne's legendary run) and Iron Fist #15 VF (early Byrne X-Men)

qobv2r.jpg

Option 3:

The poor man's Spidey lot. Marvel Milestone Amazing Spider-Man #1, Marvel Tales #137 (reprints AF #15 and origin of Dr. Strange), Marvel Tales #138 (reprints ASM #1), and Amazing Spider-Man #161 and #162 (Punisher and Nightcrawler). All VF or better.

154kmj4.jpg

More to come if these aren't taken within a few hours.