• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

No! You don't need to do that. Give people a chance to see your offers! They haven't even been up a day yet.

okay, I was just logging in to tell Leroy but I'll let them stand if you think it best. Thanks, obi-wan. (worship)

OPTION 1 : LEGENDS OPTION Limited edition signed and numbered 892/1000 Abraham Stone; Country Mouse, City Rat hardcover signed by Joe Kubert; Cerebus Jam signed by Dave Sim (most successful independent comics creator ever, yes ever!), Will Eisner (generally considered father of the graphic novel), and Murphy Anderson (legendary Hawkman artist and designer of Adam Strange's costume); Mars Attack Dave Sim variant cover signed and numbered 5/5; Diamondback card set signed "to Bonnie,Dave Sim & Gerhard"

B6gh6K_CIAISK0E.jpg

B6ejOWkIMAAvtL1.jpg

B6ejNa5IQAAOmTM.jpg

B6oh0tsCEAAZScT.jpg

B6oh0ZyCIAAI6L5.jpg

OPTION 2: new Daredevil series 1-14 and 10.1 and Age of Ultron 1-10

B6gh0biCcAEHYxT.jpg

B6gh0cTCQAEFa5Z.jpg

B6gh0iDCcAI3hg8.jpg

B6gh0gaCQAA1UHr.jpg

OPTION 3: Stuff I meant to read and never got to, so stopped buying

(I just found Hulk 3 and Defenders 6, which will be included in this option)

B6gl9ijCQAA7hl6.jpg

B6gl9epCIAAny24.jpg

B6gl9cFCIAEus7Z.jpg

B6gl9kKCYAADVGS.jpg

OPTION 4: All New X-Men 1-13 and SHIELD 1-6, 1-4 9/10signed by Dustin Weaver

B6hPzewIUAEPoV5.jpg

B6hPzXwIQAIa9WB.jpg

OPTION 5: Alan Moore Swamp Thing 56-66 + 17 issues of Essential Vertigo Swamp Thing between 1-22

B6hVvAvIgAIbu2S.jpg

B6hVvJzIgAAzEBS.jpg

OPTION 6: New Gods 12-15 (2 signed by Simonson and Wiacek on covers) and Jack Kirby's Fourth World 1-20 complete (15 signed by Walt and 4 signed by Byrne on covers)

B6jafsZCYAEXfNl.jpg

(If you do not know, the new Gods series stopped at 15 and was sorta kinda continued into JKFW)

OPTION 1B: ADD THIS TO THE LEGENDS OPTION

Michael Golden MONSTERS portfolio, all ten 11x17 plates signed

B6ogyKnCIAA9blI.jpg

B6ogyKTCAAALQLh.jpg

B6ogyLZCAAAodBK.jpg

OPTION 7: 28 issues ULTIMATE X-MEN between 61-95, includes Annual 2

B6ol7OcCMAAM8nT.jpg

I will also add any 3 of the following: Guardians of the Galaxy 1-4: Uncanny X-Men Regenesis issues 1-4

B6godrkCAAEEEEX.jpg

or (unpictured) 5 issues of Fell (1, 6-9 - if you want these I will make a good faith, 30-45 minute effort to find issues 2-5), Shaolin Cowboy 1-6, Dr. Strange: The Oath 1-5 complete, Wednesday Comics papers 1-12 complete and remarqued or 1-5 of Wolverine and the X-Men instead. Any 3 of those added to any option.

Sorry for that horrible SWAMP THING picture, AND NOW TWO HORRIBLE GOLDEN PHOTOS,

rantrant okay, I cannot be accused of not trying, only of bad taste. I put up another option and added to the Dave Sim option. I am trying here people. Will Eisner for freakin' sakes! Ten signed michael golden 11X17 plates! I am ready to throw in the green ottoman as well at this point. Maybe I can also come over and help disorganize your comic collection. if I ever am foolish enough to try and claim something again I think I will have to do a cherry picker type of thing completely. I was going to put my run of Doc strange Sorcerer Supreme in here but unless Rintrah comes over to do the dirty work I have no hope of pulling them together in a short time. that Ultimate X-Men run was bad enough, I would think those missing issues are around here somewhere. Any missing issues can be claimed in perpetuity for the Ult X-Men and fell! In fact I will buy every issue of Fell that they publish if they ever get back to it and send it to you until one of us or Warren Ellis dies if that is what it takes to make a deal here. rantrant over

hm

:jokealert:

no, actually I am deadly serious

no, really, :jokealert:

nuh-uh, not joking

no really, :jokealert:

I have little idea either, CAHokie! When Renee Witterseklfklaselkfakl brought Golden back to conventions afew years back he took commissions but took forever to get them done. So for two years or so I was at his table every time he was in town to ask about my two commissions and would talk with him and end up buying some things. According to the back, this is a set of portfolios plates put out in 2005 through IMAGE that bills it from "a creator who never makes convention appearances". us retail $34.99, $40.25 canadian!

B6ot4HWCAAAXpfc.jpg

B6ot4ILCIAAj5pB.jpg

man, I cannot shoot a camera photo for my life!

Yes they are on paper I guess I just always use the term portfolio plates sorry about the confusion. I was trying to counter the term POSTER BOOK from the cover,as it is not a book at all. Here is from the back cover

B6o2YCqCIAAAymT.jpg

okay, nite nite

I thought you were being kind to help drum up interest!

I still think they are awesome whether they are on paper or not! If I had room, I would totally display one of those Tyrannosaurus Rex prints. I was just fascinated by them when I though they were on metal because I had no idea what they were. :)

I really like that Michael Golden portfolio. I know my 9 year old would love pinning them up in his room. :/

I think they are really cool. You could get some cheap frames from Michaels and make it look awesome! Do it! :baiting::grin:

OK, I have been meaning to read it for some time now, so…

:takeit: (we will discuss shipping).

But I am not interested in the Age of Ultron, so if it happens you have any Fantastic Four issues from the Civil War storyline I would like to have them. :)

I’ll try to post my offer ASAP.

OK, for a start here’s a first option. :)

Free shipping in Europe. I will cover the first $15 shipping everywhere else (this will probably result just in a $5 contribution I would ask for options under 2.2 lbs in weight).

Option A - Marvel Italia special issues.

When Marvel decided to publish their titles by themselves in Italy in the mid-1990s (things have changed again, BTW) they decided to launch Marvel Italia and relaunch many titles from the first issues.

They produced some zero issues with custom covers drawn by younger italian artists. This lot includes Capitan America e Thor, I Vendicatori and Silver Surfer.

Plus, I will add the Heroes Reborn italian edition of Fantastic Four #1, which includes a mini-poster, and issue #50 of Uomo Ragno Classic (the classic stories reprint) which features a foil embossed prismatic cover. All are in very nice shape.

kEQe7OXm.jpg YqAFpH9m.jpg z2aMdhom.jpg M8XGUhFm.jpg

CjHSj2Xm.jpg GcvUrgMm.jpg

Option B - Batman Lot

A mixed lot of books and criticism magazines. Books are in VNVF to NM shape, magazines mostly are in nice shape but some are midgrade.

GvWidlmm.jpg GWLWigim.jpg rp8CjqWm.jpg IhaTsaym.jpg AjUJUItm.jpg

Wk2xs4am.jpg mbBtRIam.jpg 8bqUP0Im.jpg B0Wq4Sym.jpg

Option C - The Sandman Hardcover

by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby

Not sealed, but as new in its original dust jacket.

Option D - The Spirit Archives

Issue 3, by Will Eisner. In great shape as well, with its DJ.

ZmBTgvRl.jpg dLk2Xqdl.jpg

Option E - Original art page from Demon #3 (1990s series)

Art by Mark Pacella. Not a particularly striking page, but for someone who liked the Alan Grant Demon series…

2WjixIlh.jpg

Option F - Elektra Lives Again - VFNM

In great shape, my OO copy.

Ki3wJIpl.jpg

Option G - Golden age italian Disney - Topolino Giornale 1948-49

Pick any three issues from the last year run of the italian journal "Topolino", from 1948-49. All issues feature an installment of one of the first more complex stories produced by our renowned school of authors, "Topolino e il Cobra Bianco". A mad scientist type of story, besides featuring tortures and horrorific and absurd stuff, it is famous here because it has its final chapter on Topolino Libretto (digest) #1, which is among the highest coveted collectibles from the post-war (and ranges in price like early Marvels in grade).

FYI, the last ones are the less common.

Available issues to choose from are #717, 727, 728, 729, 734

53Nsbyom.jpg wdbkNyEm.jpg DtNCZmIm.jpg

fvlwNROm.jpg siVJtPYm.jpg

Option H - Italian Spider-Man books

Pick as much as you want (I will give a list) up to 2.2 lbs (including packaging) and I will cover the first $15 shipping to USA (and thus will ask just for a $5 contribution). Free shipping in Europe. :)

Here’s the catch: if you pick the original art page you must choose also another option of a TPB or hardcover and you will pay the shipping exceeding the first $15 which I cover. I need to make room! :D

OK, I have been meaning to read it for some time now, so…

:takeit: (we will discuss shipping).

But I am not interested in the Age of Ultron, so if it happens you have any Fantastic Four issues from the Civil War storyline I would like to have them. :)

I’ll try to post my offer ASAP.

^^

we can work on some other comics for those Age of Ultron, sure. If the ones you want are Hickman FF I may have them, I will delve into the closet, deep into the closet.

I am in your debt, oh valliant one. Thanks for the save while I am still learning PIF.

Happy to help, assumed my offers will get taken! lol

Hickman (and Millar too) issues would be good, since I am missing them as well, but I would favor the Civil War as I stopped slightly after the Straczynski story arc.

But I don’t want to take too much advantage of your generosity. :)

Happy to help, assumed my offers will get taken! lol

Hickman (and Millar too) issues would be good, since I am missing them as well, but I would favor the Civil War as I stopped slightly after the Straczynski story arc.

But I don’t want to take too much advantage of your generosity. :)

Hey, it is PIF, I want to make you happy happy if I can. I'll get back to you in 12 hours or so, off to work.

well, a quick search turned up 552 or so through 570ish, but I willkeep looking. Did you ever read Seth Fisher's FF/Iron man Big in Japan. Cause you were so nice you can have those too if you'd like.