• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

No talk of torrents, please.

They are just admissions of theft of intellectual property.

Really?

You do realize a torrent is just a way to share a file right? Where did I say I used an illegal torrent site?

If there is a specific rule on this site that forbids the mention of torrents I won't ever do it again; if not, please take a step down from your soapbox.

But he‘s basically right. Complex as the issue may be, it just boils down right to that, at least for commercial material which is otherwise available. ;)

No talk of torrents, please.

They are just admissions of theft of intellectual property.

Really?

You do realize a torrent is just a way to share a file right? Where did I say I used an illegal torrent site?

If there is a specific rule on this site that forbids the mention of torrents I won't ever do it again; if not, please take a step down from your soapbox.

But he‘s basically right. Complex as the issue may be, it just boils down right to that, at least for commercial material which is otherwise available. ;)

I could argue about this all day but I don't want to derail the thread any more than it already has been on a vague statement I made 4 days ago.

Sorry GIJOE :sorry:

Current offer from GIJOEISAWESOME - (I screwed up the quote on the repost)

Choose 3 of the following offerings:

OFFER 1! Superman lot. Superman For All Seasons 2 and 3 and Superman at worlds End 1. All Fine or better.

DSC01450_zps2ff9d916.jpg

OFFER 2! Batman Lot. Batman the Riddler 1, DK2 1, Batman Future 1. All Fine or better.

DSC01452_zps9543cae0.jpg

OFFER 3! Marvels lot: Marvels 1-4. All 7.0+++

DSC01455_zpsf3bc2043.jpg

DSC01454_zps83f22908.jpg

OFFER 4! Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher Hearts of Darkness VF

DSC01453_zpsdb67a54e.jpg

OFFER 5! On a Pale Horse 1 and 2. Fine or better

DSC01451_zps78abfa7d.jpg

I could argue about this all day but I don't want to derail the thread any more than it already has been on a vague statement I made 4 days ago.

Sorry GIJOE :sorry:

You can go around endlessly discussing these topics nowadays, and of course they would require specific discussion, if one wants. There is also a terminology problem in play, but the bottom line remain facts, and not ideas upon facts.

Since the future is not foreseeable, any specific guess on how much diffusion of content may benefit or harm the producer of goods has not much weight. :)

Welcome to how I feel most every time I put something up. I think this last one was the only one to go somewhat quickly.

We really need more junk donkeys... we should get a booth at the next VCC and, while selling some stuff, advertise our thread here.

hm

-slym

Welcome to how I feel most every time I put something up. I think this last one was the only one to go somewhat quickly.

We really need more junk donkeys... we should get a booth at the next VCC and, while selling some stuff, advertise our thread here.

hm

-slym

Agreed. I have a TON of junk for donkeys :grin: and a bunch of good stuff (this thread doesn't really seem to go for high $$$ key issues ??? ) and a bunch of GOOD stuff in my NFS pile :cloud9:

:o WHERE I WANNIT! :sorry: What, it's gone? Seriously, where was this, when? Who? When did this thread ever deal with comics of that $$$ magnitude? I didn't mean they don't go, but I have noticed when they do, they often (not always) end up resold via some venues. Nothing really wrong with that, but in a thread generally intended for a community reading and interacting together, a resale is not ideal.

:o WHERE I WANNIT! :sorry: What, it's gone? Seriously, where was this, when? Who? When did this thread ever deal with comics of that $$$ magnitude? I didn't mean they don't go, but I have noticed when they do, they often (not always) end up resold via some venues. Nothing really wrong with that, but in a thread generally intended for a community reading and interacting together, a resale is not ideal.

X-Men #3, Stan Lee signature series books, there have been some very generous offerings. The items you put up are cool too, this thread may have just hit the brakes for a while so no worries.

Yeah but it was slightly brittle pages and only a 3.0. Junque of the junquiest magnitude. I think your offerings are great, just not anything that's even close to in focus for me. :sorry:

I do have another early Marvel I've upgraded and look forward to someone offering something that piques my interest.

And he did not mention the lowgrade Avengers #6… (:

Seriously, as super-cool as these early issues are, early Avengers, Daredevils and X-Men still can go for about 30-40 dollars when someone is so nice to offer you a deal. Not later than yesterday Leon’s comics offered a combo bargain for which a super-nice Avengers #6 could have been bought for about $30-35 (Jay picked it up with an Iron Man #2).

What is your interest :baiting:

(thumbs u

It would be rare if something in my collecting focus made it into the PIF thread, though not impossible. A midgrade Real Life Comics has a Schomburg cover and might be in the $40 range. Some of Steranko's lesser works in high grade might make it into the PIF thread and be in the $60-$70 range (a stretch, but possible), a Spirit Section might be in the $40 range if not too high grade.

That said mostly what I've taken from the PIF thread at this point is books about the industry (I'm still looking for a copy of All in Color for a Dime) and/or a good run that tells the tale of my Golden Age heroes retold for the modern days (e.g. Dynamite Entertainment's Project Superpowers or even Astro City TPB or run of books).

Also I've started collecting Sienkiewicz covers in high grade (9.6 and up) and quite a few of them could be had in that range.

Mostly anything that catches my eye.