• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

No backwards, it just stays on.

And no, Topcat is out of this round.

:popcorn:

Unless no one claims it in 3 days then I can claim it. As far as the rules go.

Oh and I think we need to figure this one out I just noticed.

No matter where you are in the world if you say I'LL take it shipping should be on the one posting or offering the books per

(Here is the deal: I'm going to give away this book to the first person who wants it and posts "takeit" . Free, including shipping. In turn, that person MUST offer a book(s) free to the next taker by posting on this thread, and so on, and so on. While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.)

Or are we doing this wrong.

No I am not upset about no one taking my offer I could care less they were good offers I just need the rule clarified.

No backwards, it just stays on.

And no, Topcat is out of this round.

Unless no one claims it in 3 days then I can claim it. As far as the rules go.

At least thats what I read.

Wow. I am almost speechless on this one.

Why? I think he’s right.

He did not do anything wrong. I just think his offers weren’t seen enough (often there are members which do not visit here for days, including myself).

Ares' previous offer, as far as reading quality goes, to me equals the one by topcat… (shrug)

Why? I think he’s right.

He did not do anything wrong. I just think his offers weren’t seen enough (often there are members which do not visit here for days, including myself).

Yep, agreed on that, and I guess after 3 days he can jump back in.

No one said anything was wrong with his offers. I actually think they were fine. However, if your offer sat for 4 days and reverted backward, why would you claim them again and post your offer back up? Even if it is not against the letter of the rule it just seems against the spirit. Whatever though, Topcat can do whatever he wants.

He didn't say that he would post his offer back up.

Without commenting on what should or shouldn't be a rule, I think that common sense says:

- if nobody has claimed the offer after 3 days, he can claim it

- if he does, he shouldn't put the same offer up as last time

Without commenting on what should or shouldn't be a rule, I think that common sense says:

Common sense also says that if nobody claimed his initial offers after a couple of days, then he should of changed things up.

Common sense also says that if nobody claimed his initial offers after a couple of days, then he should of changed things up.

And if no one claims the ones I have up again where do we go from here...

Does thread die?

Does thread die?

I dunno. I hope not. Let's cross that bridge if we come to it.

Does thread die?

I dunno. I hope not. Let's cross that bridge if we come to it.

Does thread die?

I guess it stays up as long as it takes to get a :takeit: - really, like others have said, after a few days, common sense dictates that Topcat should have sweetened the pot, and since he didn't, we now find ourselves in uncharted waters.

Common sense people, it goes a long way!!

No one said anything was wrong with his offers. I actually think they were fine. However, if your offer sat for 4 days and reverted backward, why would you claim them again and post your offer back up? Even if it is not against the letter of the rule it just seems against the spirit. Whatever though, Topcat can do whatever he wants.

He did not say he was going to put on the very same offers, Ben. (shrug)