• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Hey, not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just offering some friendly advice.

While I don't know if anyone will or will not take the current offer (I have doubts), it's a good idea to remember that this community is a collectors community. The best types of things to offer don't necessarily have to be the most expensive items but think of things that would very likely appeal to a wide audience of comic collectors.

You can't go wrong with an inexpensive modern slabbed comic, a low to mid-grade sliver/bronze raw comic or two from a popular series like X-men, Spider-man, etc., a run of comics or TPB from a very popular series with a great story line, or even comic collectible supplies like bags/boards/top-loaders.

I think both of the last two items offered are going to have such a narrow base of people who might be interested that you are going to have a hard time finding any takers. Despite the size of this forum it seems like a select few participate in this thread.

However, I think that the people who do participate in paying it forward would appreciate seeing something claimed and offered at least once a day or every other day, and not seeing the thread shutdown while we wait for someone to claim an unpopular item or for the item to be switched out after a few days.

Sorry if this came across as offensive or argumentative that's not the intent just offering up my perspective on the way this thread works, having offered up 4 or 5 things now that have all been claimed within hours of being offered.

I keep monitoring this thread and I have not been quick enough to snag some of the true 'goodies' that have been offered here.

Hey, not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just offering some friendly advice.

While I don't know if anyone will or will not take the current offer (I have doubts), it's a good idea to remember that this community is a collectors community. The best types of things to offer don't necessarily have to be the most expensive items but think of things that would very likely appeal to a wide audience of comic collectors.

You can't go wrong with an inexpensive modern slabbed comic, a low to mid-grade sliver/bronze raw comic or two from a popular series like X-men, Spider-man, etc., a run of comics or TPB from a very popular series with a great story line, or even comic collectible supplies like bags/boards/top-loaders.

I think both of the last two items offered are going to have such a narrow base of people who might be interested that you are going to have a hard time finding any takers. Despite the size of this forum it seems like a select few participate in this thread.

However, I think that the people who do participate in paying it forward would appreciate seeing something claimed and offered at least once a day or every other day, and not seeing the thread shutdown while we wait for someone to claim an unpopular item or for the item to be switched out after a few days.

Sorry if this came across as offensive or argumentative that's not the intent just offering up my perspective on the way this thread works, having offered up 4 or 5 things now that have all been claimed within hours of being offered.

+1

I keep monitoring this thread and I have not been quick enough to snag some of the true 'goodies' that have been offered here but I think the offer should be on the same 'level' of what the person picked up.

Not offended at all. I have no problem mixing it up to get someone to bite. I thought my first offer was something that would get a bite with the obscure Turner book (I was wrong).

In regards to keeping the thread moving; everyone has the power to keep the thread moving by claiming the active item. If that was the only objective, the thread wouldn't lag at all.

I'll dig in my stuffs to find multiple offers to see if that gets a bite. My collection isn't vast by any means but has been growing since discovering these boards (perspective: I own 4 slabs - all acquired from the boards).

From my perspective, I think just about everything offered up in this thread has been pretty cool, but with so few of us participating, finding something that happens to hit someone else's collecting interests can be a bit tricky. I know I've put up stuff in the past I was sure would be snatched up, only to have it sit there, unloved. Personally, if someone doesn't claim my offering within the first day, I change it out, because it seems like if someone is going to claim it they do it pretty darn fast.

I have a few things picked out for future offerings that I think are really cool, but whether or not anyone will actually claim them is anybody's guess.

Not offended at all. I have no problem mixing it up to get someone to bite. I thought my first offer was something that would get a bite with the obscure Turner book (I was wrong).

In regards to keeping the thread moving; everyone has the power to keep the thread moving by claiming the active item. If that was the only objective, the thread wouldn't lag at all.

I'll dig in my stuffs to find multiple offers to see if that gets a bite. My collection isn't vast by any means but has been growing since discovering these boards (perspective: I own 4 slabs - all acquired from the boards).

Please ignore the above commentary by someone advising on your listing. List what you want, if no one bites, well tough tits. Don't feel pressured to change a thing. If no one takes it, then the thread will die, or someone can skip you.

If this turns into homework, I'll start my own thread that doesn't require a poster to feel bullied.

You still pizzed with Techvoodoo then Mikenyc?

Its nearly Xmas - can no-one feel the love..... :angel:

You still pizzed with Techvoodoo then Mikenyc?

Its nearly Xmas - can no-one feel the love..... :angel:

I don't like that a new member needs to feel bad about his selections and try to justify them. This thread doesn't need daily turnover, it's supposed to be fun.

Yeah I know - I don't think it's bullying - I just get the feeling he's trying to be helpful.

It's 48 hrs isn't it,before switching up?

Anyhow hopefully this will get going again soon! (thumbs u

Please ignore the above commentary by someone advising on your listing. List what you want, if no one bites, well tough tits. Don't feel pressured to change a thing. If no one takes it, then the thread will die, or someone can skip you.

If this turns into homework, I'll start my own thread that doesn't require a poster to feel bullied.

I will keep this in mind on my next offer. Tough tits is a good motto (thumbs u

I will keep this in mind on my next offer. Tough tits is a good motto (thumbs u

Just have fun with this.

you won't be disappointed with that P and P Zombie action. If you have time you should read the original first. There's added layers to enjoyment of this one.