• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

this makes me wish kirby and kubrick were still here today. i didn't know this existed and i'm too much of a space odyssey fan to pass this up. i wonder if they at least saw each other at some point while this was being produced, maybe exchanged a few words about the film. i'm so excited to look at how this book looks inside.

i will happily :takeit: and my offer will soon be posted.

let's keep this thread rolling, dudes!

Kubrick actually first asked Kirby to help story board 2001 the movie. Kirby had to decline for some reason I cant remember, but I think it was cause of other commitments and Kubrick wanted Kirby undivided for like a year.

So thats

FUBAR - Europe

Dancer #1 1st print

Irredeemable Ant-Man (Robert Kirkman)

And now The Walking Dead #1 German Variant!

Anywhere in the world!

Yes - very!

I reckon O'Grady will be the new antman in the movie personally

Agent of Shield and all that...

this makes me wish kirby and kubrick were still here today. i didn't know this existed and i'm too much of a space odyssey fan to pass this up. i wonder if they at least saw each other at some point while this was being produced, maybe exchanged a few words about the film. i'm so excited to look at how this book looks inside.

i will happily :takeit: and my offer will soon be posted.

let's keep this thread rolling, dudes!

Kubrick actually first asked Kirby to help story board 2001 the movie. Kirby had to decline for some reason I cant remember, but I think it was cause of other commitments and Kubrick wanted Kirby undivided for like a year.

wow, that's a really interesting fact. i mean, asking kirby to storyboard the whole story must have been intimidating, a whole year seems like a lot for an illustrator, right? kind of blows my mind knowing those geniuses knew each other and even interacted. i love those little details that are lost in time.

on a different note,

yes! irredeemable ant-man was good!

Was irredeemable ant-man good?

I would highly recommend the Irredeemable Ant-Man to anyone who likes a smart snarky story. Even when the character was outside the 12 issue run he was always written with the same personality. There was a panel in the Initiative between him and taskmaster that just nails the character.. someone should grab this for the Ant-Man alone!

I have ulterior motives in my offering. I REALLY love this series and want to bring NEW fans into this great series. So please if you are already a fan/hoarder on this series, pass... Let's get some new fans into this book! These books will get you current in the series and ready to pickup issue 8 later this month.

The TPB was for me since all my copies are slabbed but I figured this is for a great cause!

Peter Panzerfaust TPB Collects Issue 1-5

IMG_0937.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust Issue 6 probably 9.6???

IMG_0935.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust Issue 7 probably 9.6???

IMG_0936.jpg

Get it mate - its excellent.

Lot of nay-sayers in moderns about this.

Most have never read it!

Very clever,very quirky, sometimes sad.

Exceptional book!

Ok I'm going to setup this offer with several choices and you can pick what you want. This way I won't have to come back and offer something else later if the first thing isn't popular (hopefully).

So... First no matter what you pick you will receive this TPB.

Spider-man and the Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do

By Kevin Smith and Terry Dodson

spidermanandblackcat.jpg

In addition to the spiderman TPB you may choose one of the following:

A somewhat worn copy of Marvel Masterworks Vol 11, X-men reprinting GSX1 and 94-100. The dust jacket is missing but it's complete and readable.

marvelmasterworksvol11.jpg

The Punisher Limited Series 1-5, condition ranges from F to VF

punisher1to5.jpg

New 52 Earth 2 issues 0-6 in NM to NM/M condition

earth2.jpg

X-men Annual #14 CGC 7.5, First App of Gambit

xmenann14.jpg

Here's 2 more options since no one is biting on the other stuff and we need this thread rolling. The condition on these books are definitely not mint, lower to mid grade, but they're a few of my favorite books:

Hulk #340

hulk.jpg

Amazing Spider-man 238 (tattooz inside!)

asm238.jpg