• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Omnibus

414 posts in this topic

After reading the first issue of the new Bloodshot I thought maybe that would be the Valiant title I dropped (as I cannot afford to buy every issue of every title coming out right now). However, I forgot to tell that to my LCS so I ended up having the next 2 issues pulled for me, and now :pullhair: I can't drop it. It's too good. This entire Valiant re-launch is too good.

Hopefully Shadowman will suck?

After reading the first issue of the new Bloodshot I thought maybe that would be the Valiant title I dropped (as I cannot afford to buy every issue of every title coming out right now). However, I forgot to tell that to my LCS so I ended up having the next 2 issues pulled for me, and now :pullhair: I can't drop it. It's too good. This entire Valiant re-launch is too good.

Hopefully Shadowman will suck?

:applause:

I wish people would just collectively agree with one another.

Is there any place on this planet where every person in a given community believes the same thing, without question? There are always going to be differences.

I think where people do not appreciate the opposing posts to their Valiant love is when it is just a repeat of a previous post just stating you still don't like the new Valiant material.

It's super to hear from both views so we have a heads up if a given title is going to be worth reading. I'd just ask for some details to go along with any negative review to help build a better picture why the stories or artwork didn't go over well.

I think a good explanation of why I like vintage Marvel comics better than anything new can be summed up in the video series of "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" which can be watched in about 12 episodes on Youtube. The installment relating to composition defines the difference between the Marvel Comics style that got me hooked on comics and just about anything else you see today.

It comes down to value, respecting the readers time, and effectiveness of conveying information on a comic art page. The art in many comics these days is unnecessary unless you are fixated on looking at brooding or haughty characters pose from one panel to the next. The writing is so thin that after 6 issues you still know less than you knew in one comic 30 years ago. If you all like this stuff, that's wonderful. I offered some advice on how to appeal to a larger audience so that you could get a better value for your dollar and others could get at least the minimum they expect. If my advice is rejected, it's no harm off my back. I'm saving my money every month. I won't be emotionally vested in a series that cancels abruptly or be too concerned when you look at each other and whine about how tragic it is that they had to cease publishing.

Peace folks. Enjoy your thread. I'm wandering off to more interesting topics.

DG