• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Omnibus

414 posts in this topic

I have my LCS ordering on the Valiant titles for me and I only get there once a month so I haven't had a chance to read the latest stuff yet. But thus far I have really enjoyed the storylines. It has that classic Valiant feel with some modernization to it!

If you were rebooting Valiant and wanted to collect some of the original launch stuff to showcase how awesome the old stuff is too, would you collect Bloodshot 1-8??? I haven't read these issues since they originally came out, but even back then (when I was really, really stupid) I thought they weren't very great. It has a BWS cover, but Archer & Armstrong has BWS art throughout AND the story is readable.

I'm not understanding this move very well.

bhc.jpg

If you were rebooting Valiant and wanted to collect some of the original launch stuff to showcase how awesome the old stuff is too, would you collect Bloodshot 1-8??? I haven't read these issues since they originally came out, but even back then (when I was really, really stupid) I thought they weren't very great. It has a BWS cover, but Archer & Armstrong has BWS art throughout AND the story is readable.

I'm not understanding this move very well.

Depends on how you look at it. The first 8 issues of Bloodshot (1993) sold 3,000,000+ copies.

Read those old ones and you'll see the new Bloodshot is better. :headbang:

Depends on how you look at it. The first 8 issues of Bloodshot (1993) sold 3,000,000+ copies.

That argument only leads me to believe that I could probably pick these issues out of a dollar box for less that half the price of this collection.

While I agree completely, it would definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth if I spent $25 just to find out that I should have spent my $25 elsewhere.

That argument only leads me to believe that I could probably pick these issues out of a dollar box for less that half the price of this collection.

You are probably correct.

While I agree completely, it would definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth if I spent $25 just to find out that I should have spent my $25 elsewhere.

Save the money and buy the new issues instead. (thumbs u

Can't dispute anything you have written above - you are correct - I can just say that I don't think the Bloodshot hardcover is for you. I'm actually pretty sure of that. :-)

I'm also pretty sure it will find a few thousand buyers who will be thrilled with it.

Hey guys, can anyone clear up my confusion over the

XO Manowar #6 variants?

Is the Patrick Zircher variant a 1:50? I though that it was, but now am not so sure.

Is the Character Design variant a 1:50? I did not think that it was, but now I am not so sure.

Why were my character design variants stripped from my online comic store order and listed as not available?

XO Manowar #6 variants?

Is the Patrick Zircher variant a 1:50? I though that it was, but now am not so sure.

Is the Character Design variant a 1:50? I did not think that it was, but now I am not so sure.

Why were my character design variants stripped from my online comic store order and listed as not available?

Head over to Vman's board, there's about 3 topics on this subject...

XO Manowar #6 variants?

Head over to Vman's board, there's about 3 topics on this subject...

Long story (semi-)short:

X-O #6 Patrick Zircher variant was supposed to be 1:50, appears to have been printed at least as a 1:50 line-wide variant (rather than 1:50 title variant) and appears to have been distributed incorrectly with copies going to some dealers in place of the Character Design.

No more Zircher variants will be printed.

X-O #6 Character Design variant was supposed to be any quantity dealer ordered, but appears to have been distributed incorrectly as 1:50 to some dealers. Upcoming Diamond orders are supposed to have the correct quantity delivered to the dealers who did not receive them already.

X-O #6 Braithwaite (regular edition) does not appear to have any problems for quantities or distribution.

If the full quantity of character design variant is eventually distributed correctly by Diamond, it will be approximately as common as the regular edition and the Zircher variant will be the most limited X-O #6.

At the moment, the character design variant is the most limited.