• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Omnibus

414 posts in this topic

So what does everyone think about the paper quality of the relaunch covers? I don't think I've gotten a single comic that would grade above a 9.4. I even changed my pull list to now have the comic shop bag/board them to see if that helps at all as most issues have at least small creases in them.

I can't tell if it's damaged caused by the shop, or if its caused by Diamond, so just wondered how everyone else was doing...

This has been a concern for me since the relaunch because of my focus on 9.8s. For the first few months it was tough but not impossible. Some exceptions were the QR voice variants and the BS 1 regular.

Then there was a middle period where quality got much better. They started using a better cover stock on varaints and later prints and these were not a problem. The regular issues were still relatively tough.

Now we are in a period that is just terrible. The last 4-6 weeks of books I have looked at have almost all had bindery and printing issues that would normally keep them well out of 9.8.

Note that I'm talking out defects built into the books from the printer - bagging and boarding won't help that. Admittedly, I only look at books from one shop, but it usually orders pretty heavy, and I usually get my hands on them right out of the diamond boxes.

Note that I'm talking out defects built into the books from the printer - bagging and boarding won't help that. Admittedly, I only look at books from one shop, but it usually orders pretty heavy, and I usually get my hands on them right out of the diamond boxes.

I had a feeling that it wasn't the LCSs fault but this helps me worry less that my guy is manhandling them. Hopefully things get better soon or maybe I'll try DCBS as an alternative.

I will probably give it a go too, but comedy is so hard to do in comics...The last funny comic I actually enjoyed was probably Tug and Buster.

Last time you told me it was Bringing Up Father from 1919, old man.

:baiting: