• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help finding a Superman issue

10 posts in this topic

I remember owning ( and loving ) as a boy an issue where a passage has Clark on a train with Lois, rock avalanche covers the tracks and Supes blasts a tunnel with his x-ray vision. I vividly remember the train conductors standing incredulous in the dark (while passing through solid rock) up until they hit the lights. Supes then boards the train again as Clark.

Pretty sure it's the first Superman issue I ever read. I would very much like to own that particular issue again.

Thank you for your help.

When dealing with characters as old as Supes, it is helpful if you give an idea what year the book is from. A GA plot is often repeated in the Sa, then in the Ba, ect, ect.

Hope you find it.

P.S.- Jerry Lawler would like a word with you about your sig line.

You're welcome. My first issue of Action as a kid was 497, so we're probably around the same age. I got 494 at a flea market as a then-recent back issue, and I really enjoyed it as well. It took me forever to get a copy of 495, which continued the story. I remember riding my bike across town to a kid's house because he told me he had an Action 495 and would sell it to me. Unfortunately he was just putting me on, but at least I got some exercise out of it. Can I put him on the PL? :-)