• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1986 Chernobyl cartoon...

15 posts in this topic

For those of you that don't head into the WC, I just wanted to point out Mr 9.8's thread on Fukushima Dai-ichi.

At any rate, I remembered a drawing I did as a senior in high school in 1986 and just located it in a stack of old papers.

I was going to post this in the Fukushima thread but it didn't seem appropriate.

Chernobyl.jpg

I guess I've always been skeptical of the 'official reports'... :(

(I think I needed some work on cartography and I'm wondering if I wasn't influenced by The Toxic Avenger!)

You know, it never really occurred to me (until just now and looking at this in light of recent events) that this may be in poor taste and obviously it goes above and beyond sensationalizing the event.

I was a strange teenager to say the least.

I loved Horror and Tom Savini movies...

Chernobyl was covered up by the USSR initially.

Unfortunately, the accident was so large that it literally almost destroyed the country so it's kind of tough to hide something like that.

I don't think it is in poor taste, Hibou - probably even more relevant today than it was back then.

You were just expressing yourself, and rather well for a teenager I may add.

For those of you that don't head into the WC, I just wanted to point out Mr 9.8's thread on Fukushima Dai-ichi.

At any rate, I remembered a drawing I did as a senior in high school in 1986 and just located it in a stack of old papers.

I was going to post this in the Fukushima thread but it didn't seem appropriate.

Chernobyl.jpg

I guess I've always been skeptical of the 'official reports'... :(

(I think I needed some work on cartography and I'm wondering if I wasn't influenced by The Toxic Avenger!)

I met a guy who was on duty at Chernobyl the day it blew and he received many times more than "5 x-rays." But all these years later he shows no effects other than a superhuman tolerance for alcohol.

This reminds me, I'd like to see that new chernobyl movie/documentary that just came out, I understand that human mutants are living within the zone. I guess this explains my third tit.
You mean this?

617847-cd_large.jpg

This reminds me, I'd like to see that new chernobyl movie/documentary that just came out, I understand that human mutants are living within the zone. I guess this explains my third tit.
You mean this?

617847-cd_large.jpg

Yes, exactly, It's a docufilm, right? Based on real events and such?

You mean this?

617847-cd_large.jpg

Yes, just like some of the stuff posted in the Japan thread.

You mean this?

617847-cd_large.jpg

Ha, Ha.

You mean this?

617847-cd_large.jpg

Ha, Ha.

I don't know about the Japan thread, I don't like hanging around in the rubber room.