• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Kamandi's - 1972/1978

22 posts in this topic

What's the boards opinion on this book? I see it slowly rising in the guide over the past several years. However, I don't hear a lot about it. Any opinions? Any specific books that have any particular value?

It's my favorite DC books of the 70's the Jack Kirby issues at least. The stories were fun and out of the ordinary. Plus I love the art. I believe the main source of collectors out there are Kirby fans such as myself. The character is not really used or seen any more except for the mini-series a few years back so people tend to forget about the character/series. Plus the series isn't superhero or horror related. Pretty hard to find the later issues in truly high grade though.

You seem to know too much about DC for a guy who calls himself "Marveljunkie". smile.gif

I love Jack Kirby's work so I collect Kamandi and Omac from DC. Plus a little variety never hurts anyone I also collect Valiant (great stories).

Yeah I agree great artwork. I think the stories are flat out cool too. I mean if you like talking leopards. I bought a very high run of Kamandi's 1 through 20 raw (9.0 and better). I've sent #1 to CGC but have held onto the others since I don't know if it makes sense to slab them. Other than Showcase New England I haven't really seen much activity on ebay for these books in high grade. Any opinions?

What's the boards opinion on this book? I see it slowly rising in the guide over the past several years. However, I don't hear a lot about it. Any opinions? Any specific books that have any particular value?

Love 'em! Just parted with a few sweet, sweet issues though. frown.gif

Here's a few scans I've done recently...

kamandi27-f1.jpg

kamandi28-f1.jpg

kamandi29-f1.jpg

kamandi30-f1.jpg

kamandi31-f1.jpg

kamandi41-f1.jpg

kamandi42-f1.jpg

kamandi43-f1.jpg

kamandi44-f.jpg

kamandi45-f.jpg

kamandi46-f.jpg

kamandi47-f.jpg

kamandi48-f.jpg

kamandi49-f.jpg

kamandi50-f.jpg

kamandi51-f.jpg

kamandi52-f.jpg

kamandi53-f.jpg

kamandi56-f1.jpg

kamandi59-f.jpg

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

Soon, sooon, you shall have your pretties. cloud9.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif Patience... You'll get them once the customs folks get done reading them I suppose... stooges.gif

sumo.gif