• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Treasury Edition 1974-1981

12 posts in this topic

Hey, anyone have any thoughts on this particular series? I've been looking at some possible nm copies but haven't seen them pop up to much. Issues in particular are 1,5,7,9,11,12,16,17,20,21,22,24,26. Appreciate any thoughts (related to the post).

CRC

The diificulty with the Treasury books is the oversize. They are difficult to store for most LCS and collectors. Only just recently they made bags and boards for them. They still don't have boxes for them to stand upright, with modifying a box.

My favorite has to be MA v. Superman. I mean original story, Neal Adams, full pages. Sweetness! thumbsup2.gif

The diificulty with the Treasury books is the oversize. They are difficult to store for most LCS and collectors. Only just recently they made bags and boards for them. They still don't have boxes for them to stand upright, with modifying a box.

My favorite has to be MA v. Superman. I mean original story, Neal Adams, full pages. Sweetness! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif

My favorite has to be MA v. Superman. I mean original story, Neal Adams, full pages. Sweetness!

I agree. As a young teen at that time there was Adams & there was everyone else. Adams wasn't doing much besides cover work at that time & the build up in the comic community over that book was huge. Really is a remarkable package.

My favorite has to be MA v. Superman. I mean original story, Neal Adams, full pages. Sweetness!

I agree. As a young teen at that time there was Adams & there was everyone else. Adams wasn't doing much besides cover work at that time & the build up in the comic community over that book was huge. Really is a remarkable package.

I really wish they had printed it in a normal sized format also.

I have the Treasury-sized Battlestar Gallactica and the exact same comic-sized issue. Not sure which issues Marvel did this for.

I think Steve has said he thinks they won't ever encapsulate Treasury books. The size makes it too difficult to achieve. So until things change they will remain fairly worthless. sorry.gif

There are not enough Treasury books out there, and few of them are really worth anything, and the fact that slabbing one would be much more expensive than even the Mag slabs, it'll never happen.

Hey, anyone have any thoughts on this particular series? I've been looking at some possible nm copies but haven't seen them pop up to much. Issues in particular are 1,5,7,9,11,12,16,17,20,21,22,24,26. Appreciate any thoughts (related to the post).

CRC

Tough to locate in strict NM, due to its oversized format, but they're starting to show up more at conventions now that they're more expensive in the Overstreet. DCs are still a lot tougher that Marvels. If I remember correctly, the reprints in the earlier issues are not complete - kind of 'condensed' versions (i.e. #2 reprints FF 48-50 I think, but not in its entirety). A lot of fun to read!