• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-man 13

17 posts in this topic

Soooo... I cannot get a decent scan no matter what due to the reflection on the casing. It is NOT a CGC - let us leave it at that.

It will be sent down to Florida to be treated right. I read that they will remove them from other cases and grade them for you. What tier should I choose in order to get it back quicker without going crazy. Before I do send it out though... Let's see what the people say...

BTW... One of my Hulk 181s is also not a CGC...

We will grade that another day.

LOTS of photos...

68edbbe6.jpg

dd898b1d.jpg

f720ec71.jpg

5509dfeb.jpg

702da87d.jpg

31c35222.jpg

5ec87b66.jpg

67106571.jpg

f2469595.jpg

3d2a6741.jpg

9d9d1d1f.jpg

da299992.jpg

0e2cb172.jpg

482dcde2.jpg

9be75e0e.jpg

So what do you think...

Tomorrow night I will add what the grade was assigned by "the other company" (I purchased it disagreeing with the grade assigned)

It's got some creases, but on the back, the front looks nice.

I'm betting 4.5 with an outside shot at 5.0 if those creases aren't too strong.

My guess PGX hammered it: 3.5

They went the opposite direction. I knew when I saw it that they overgraded it. It will surprise you with the grade that they assigned.

They went the opposite direction. I knew when I saw it that they overgraded it. It will surprise you with the grade that they assigned.

I would bet that CGC would grade it a 4.0 (thumbs u One of my favorite Spidey villains.

"The other company" graded it a

I knew when I bought it that it was overgraded but I was hoping I could get a 5.0 out of it. If I am looking at a 4.0 or on a cloudy day a 3.5. I may flip it. Probably take a little loss on some fees and call it a day and a lesson learned. Notice I have not removed #13 from my "to buy list". I have not decided if I am keeping it now.

Then if I were you I would leave it in the current slab,and either keep it or flip it for a CGC slab.I can't imagine CGC grading it a 6.0.

He'd probably get more for a CGC 4.5 than a PGX 6.0. :gossip:

Then if I were you I would leave it in the current slab,and either keep it or flip it for a CGC slab.I can't imagine CGC grading it a 6.0.

He'd probably get more for a CGC 4.5 than a PGX 6.0. :gossip:

True that!

Hard to tell in the case, but I would say apparent 5.0, Restored, right side trimmed.

Interesting... I think you could be correct. My raw copy is an apparent 7.0 with color touch along the spine. Now that you point that out, the cover on the slabbed copy could be trimmed as the two copies differ where aligned. The only reason I have room to doubt that though is because the cover is wrapped differently on the apparent 7.0.

I don't think the book is trimmed and I think that when you send it to CGC, you'll be surprised at the grade you get. I suspect you'll get a 5.5/6.0 OW or better on it.

The creases aren't that bad and the spine looks worse than it actually is b/c of the black. I had a book that was very similar but with fewer creases that came back higher...so see what happens.

I'd be willing to wager it grades higher than our perennial "Debbie Downer" grade:

Oakman = 4.0