• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld

117 posts in this topic

First Comics began at the early-'80's peak of my original owner collection comic book buying days.

Nothing was sweeter than a comic book during those months just before the onset of puberty.

First Comics :cloud9:

American Flagg! :headbang:

Whisper

Lone Wolf and Cub

Nexus

Badger

All :cloud9:

American Flagg :o Did you read it yet? I thought it was way down your "to read" pile

First Comics began at the early-'80's peak of my original owner collection comic book buying days.

Nothing was sweeter than a comic book during those months just before the onset of puberty.

First Comics :cloud9:

American Flagg! :headbang:

Whisper

Lone Wolf and Cub

Nexus

Badger

All :cloud9:

American Flagg :o Did you read it yet? I thought it was way down your "to read" pile

I read it as it was published. :grin:

You left off Dreadstar. (tsk)

First Comics. :cloud9:

Knowing Leifeld never worked for First Comics. :cloud9::cloud9:

Interesting side note: my teacher told me how he was a major factor in them going bankrupt. Apparently he pushed bigtime to get the license for Classics Illustrated and it flopped....the rest is history :(

Did he have a personal or professional relationship with the company?

I don't recall him doing any work for them.

I meant my teacher helped cause them to go bankrupt when he was their art director. He knew Liefeld and liked his work enough to offer him a job before he ever got work at DC, but Rob had nothing to do with the bankruptcy. Sorry I wasn't being clear :sorry:

First Comics. :cloud9:

Knowing Leifeld never worked for First Comics. :cloud9::cloud9:

Interesting side note: my teacher told me how he was a major factor in them going bankrupt. Apparently he pushed bigtime to get the license for Classics Illustrated and it flopped....the rest is history :(

Did he have a personal or professional relationship with the company?

I don't recall him doing any work for them.

I meant my teacher helped cause them to go bankrupt when he was their art director. He knew Liefeld and liked his work enough to offer him a job before he ever got work at DC, but Rob had nothing to do with the bankruptcy. Sorry I wasn't being clear :sorry:

:cry: I now hate your teacher.

Oh, I've misunderstood that all this time.

I'm still looking for a lot on ebay to read.

And I never really cared for Dreadstar. :sorry:

11/05/11 in our PM:

Two quick notes while I wait to begin my debauch.

Nexus: never read it but always enjoyed the look of the character. I'm intrigued for the first time.

American Flagg. I still have my original run of perhaps 25 early issues. I really loved it as a teen. I have never considered revisiting it. If I could find it in an Omnibus type format, I'd give it serious consideration today.

To be honest...Dreadstar was much better when it was being published by Epic.

I need to buy some First back issues too....back then I didn't buy them but I read them all as my best bud at the time was big into the indie scene.

11/05/11 in our PM:

Nexus: never read it but always enjoyed the look of the character. I'm intrigued for the first time.

American Flagg. I still have my original run of perhaps 25 early issues. I really loved it as a teen. I have never considered revisiting it. If I could find it in an Omnibus type format, I'd give it serious consideration today.

:applause: for finding our convo.

:o for posting a PM convo.

Is this Fuelman approved?

11/05/11 in our PM:

The only personal info published was about me getting drunk.

To be honest...Dreadstar was much better when it was being published by Epic.

I need to buy some First back issues too....back then I didn't buy them but I read them all as my best bud at the time was big into the indie scene.

I got the entire run some years back and read through them- couldn't appreciate them.

First was an awesome, awesome company.

11/05/11 in our PM:

Wait, you drink?

11/05/11 in our PM:

Wait, you drink?

:eek: