• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's a good price for a Iron Man 55 9.0, hype/speculation aside?

83 posts in this topic

When I think of Thanos, I do not think of IM 55. Not in the least. As an owner of a basically complete run of IM 1-300 I still do not consider #55 to be worth a second glance in the scheme of things. This was a few dollar book when I bought it and I would consider myself really crazy to pay much more then 20 dollars for a VF copy today.

Now add in CGC slabbed pricing, which is hilarious, why anyone bothers slab this book just makes the whole situation priceless. Next people will be slabbing mass produced modern comics and prancing around with them.. oh wait.

:facepalm:

I know that the whole "casual" collector market is going crazy over Iron Man 55 due to Thanos *SPOILERS* role in the upcoming Marvel movie Universe. Its actually a book I'd like to get in 9.0/9.2 for a while, but now the prices seem to be out of control. Any idea what an actually reasonable price is for this book in 9.0 or 9.2. And will we really see the appreciation of this book due to Thanos' new found fame in the general public?

Can I ask why you 'have to have it now?' Wait a few years and save some cash. The only reason I could see someone wanting to buy this book right now is if they think the price will rise even more in the short term.

If you do, then 'rock on.' If not and you are going to look back and say 'I wish I would not have wasted that much cash to get a book that now sells for (possibly) 30-50% less'; then you may want to wait. As a long term investment this is a common to find 'bronze age' key. There is nothing overtly rare or uncommon about this issue, except the fact that in ten years the census is going to have between five to ten times as many copies as it does know. I never could understand why people chase books that arecurrently hot, but if they didn't; no books would ever be 'hot.'

Are there any other books you are currently looking for that show promise, but are seeing a downward trend? These may be something to consider instead.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I don't think it will die out completely, since Thanos is a much better character than Whiplash. However, I could see a 9.0 that's selling now for $700 ( :o ) being had in another year for $275-$300.

Unfortunately, it will probably take longer than a year due to Thanos being in Guardians and Avengers 2 which will not come out for a few years.