• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do ...

88 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, others can disagree but that is total wildly_fanciful_statement!!!

What the hell handling charge is there for packing a bunch of damn cards?!? I bought like 100lbs of HC's and omnibus's from shrunken head here that he had to lug to the post office and you know what he charged me for shipping and handling all those heavy boxes? ZERO!!! That's a stand up guy and 5 star seller. This guy with his magic cards is a POS in my book trying to pawn off $30 in handling charges on a good customer who buys from him all the time.

Hope that $30 was worth it to him since he lost you as a customer forever hm

$60 bucks is ridiculous for shipping. Unless if it's to the south pole I don't see why it should ever be that much. And to have the actual price he paid staring at you in the face with no refund is just insulting. I usually pay anywhere from $6 to $15 for shipping and no matter what I only charge $5. I even paid $36 to ship to Sweden once and didn't ask for a penny for it and It was straight out of pocket because it was a trade.

I would neg the hell out of him.

I gave another boardie the same advice I'm about to give you.

Neg him already. Then quit buying off eBay.

"Take out the pitchforks"...dude..why is everyone so quick to do this?

This is going to be my response to anyone that posts an eBay problem from here on out.

eBay is a crapshoot. There have been more posts over the years about shoddy eBay sellers/transactions than anything else put together (even pressing threads).

If you play on the Bay, there's a great chance something is going to go bad. (shrug)

I think it's a bit of an over-reaction..there is some really good sellers out there, and most of the time, they will work with you in regards to details of the sale; discuss first, NEGging should be last resort, IMO.

Those quotes are probably just from the last couple weeks! :o

Yep... they're all from June at any rate.

I'm just teasing, of course... previously people made cases for why they like to buy on eBay, and that's fine. However, I don't understand why they just don't stick to trusted sellers... how many items are you going to buy that having access to tens of thousands of selections from trusted sources just isn't enough?

Anyway... every time I see chrisco's succint comment it just cracks me up. I keep reading it as if it's being read by Joe Friday!

Those quotes are probably just from the last couple weeks! :o

Yep... they're all from June at any rate.

I'm just teasing, of course... previously people made cases for why they like to buy on eBay, and that's fine. However, I don't understand why they just don't stick to trusted sellers... how many items are you going to buy that having access to tens of thousands of selections from trusted sources just isn't enough?

Anyway... every time I see chrisco's succint comment it just cracks me up. I keep reading it as if it's being read by Joe Friday!

As far as I was concerned this was a trusted seller I've just never brought in such large quantity before & only did that because I had trusted the guy from past auctions

In regards to what the material was it was a box, with two smaller boxes with some Styrafoam inside to fill up some empty space . Oh & tape ...

Inflation.

lol well at least I have gotten a few laughs out of this thanks guys ^^

As far as I was concerned this was a trusted seller I've just never brought in such large quantity before & only did that because I had trusted the guy from past auctions

I agree... yours was indeed an exception, as you'd already done due diligence.