• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE, COPPER - its all here

31 posts in this topic

I generally don't buy Marvel Silver, but I've always liked the covers of Avengers 7 & 12. I'm curious, though...both books are 9.0, both books have C-OW pages. With a day left in the auctions, why is the bidding on #7 up to $132.50, but the #12 is only at $26? Is #12 much more common than #7?

Just curious...

I really don't know! If I don't see a bit of action overnight, I'm gonna have to pull it.

That is just crazy insane.gif

Just curious. What do you say to the high bidder when you pull an auction because it hasn't gotten the bids you had hoped for? Do they ever get mad?

I really don't know! If I don't see a bit of action overnight, I'm gonna have to pull it.

That is just crazy insane.gif

Just curious. What do you say to the high bidder when you pull an auction because it hasn't gotten the bids you had hoped for? Do they ever get mad?

Yes. They say, "WTF!?"

>>> If I don't see a bit of action overnight, I'm gonna have to pull it.

Please tell me you're just kidding (i haven't been here long enough to always

know when people are kidding).

Ending an auction early because you're dissatisfied with the bidding

is reprehensible and dishonest. Is that really the way you would like to

be treated if you were a bidder?

gozer

Come on man, I'm English - joking is my middle name.

Besides, I'm known on here for selling a high grade Sub-mariner (1968) CGC issue for $6, now that was mad biddinginsane.gif

I know that you're in England and there's a significant time difference, but do you realize that for us collectors on the west coast of North America, the vast majority of your current auctions will end between 3am and 530am? Seems like your final bids might be a bit higher if the auctions ended when folks tend to be awake. Maybe morning for the west coast, lunch time for the east coast, and evening for you fine folks across the pond(always wanted to use that expression).

Just looking out for a fellow forumite...

>>> Come on man, I'm English - joking is my middle name.

Mea Culpa.

Estoy muy apesadumbrado.

Auf wiedersehen.

gozer

-------------------------

Nasty business, that zero. Naturally, Harvard's doors are now closed

to you, but I'll pass your file along to [snickers] Brown.

I know that you're in England and there's a significant time difference, but do you realize that for us collectors on the west coast of North America, the vast majority of your current auctions will end between 3am and 530am? Seems like your final bids might be a bit higher if the auctions ended when folks tend to be awake. Maybe morning for the west coast, lunch time for the east coast, and evening for you fine folks across the pond(always wanted to use that expression).

Just looking out for a fellow forumite...

I admit that when I do an auction for an HG CGC book I tend to favor the U.S. in terms of ending times - although your suggestion is good. I just always assumed that people are keener to bid in the early evening, so my auctions tend to end at 1 AM GMT.

...the vast majority of your current auctions will end between 3am and 530am?

Yes, all the auctions i'm bidding on always finished like that 893frustrated.gif

Consider this like a revenge from european collectors insane.gif27_laughing.gif

You all better get them bids in early then, so you don't have to wait up.

Even better still, use a sniper, thats what most of the US boys do when they win my stuff (but make sure your snipe gives enough room for other snipes, theres usually plenty grin.gif).

Ask Disneyart 893applaud-thumb.gif

Speaking of Dizneyart, hasn't he been AWOL for a while? He hasn't had any new additions to his site in quite some time.

He must be doing something silly like spending time with his family or something.

The crash is upon us!!!

Oh, and by the way - 2 HOUR BUMP!

There is always a crash in effect when anyone is selling. frown.gif