• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold Key comics Canadian editions

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a list that shows which Gold Key comics are Canadian editions. Not all numbers were printed. Canadian editions are identical except the cover price is higher. For example The Twilight Zone #42 March 1972 has a regular price of 15c but the CE is 20c. GK

Try contacting Doug Sulipa's Comic World in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. He advertises & reports in Overstreet. Specializes in the weird, obscure titles (Whitman, etc.) & used to print a catalog more indexed than Overstreet !

Hope this helps. Although these are Dells. (Do they count or is it just Gold Key you want)

I have some of these oddball ones in my collection, but I am not sure if they are considered Canadian Variants. (I live in Winnipeg, Canada by the way and can get you Doug's email address if you want. I'll make sure he doesn't mind first.)

I have Turoks 10, 11, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 all with 15 cent covers. All the other books up until 22 were 10 cents with 29 and up 12 cents. Are these Variants? If so, what do you guys feel their worth relative to guide?

10 - VG

11 - F+

23 - F-

24 - VG+

25 - VG

26 - VF+

27 - F

28 - F

Also, I live in Winnipeg and can get Doug's email address for you if you like. Is it ok to ask this here or should I start another thread.

Actually to be more specific I'm looking only for Gold Key Pink Panther Canadian editions. After years of searching I've only come up with #'s 5, 8, and 78! I was hoping to get some sort of list which shows which numbers were printed and not printed as CE. I assume that Gold Key CE's are a ton more rare then regular ones. If I could get Doug's email address that would be great as he may have some answers. As well I'm interested (for the regular editions) to find out which Pink Panthers were printed as Whitmans as not all were. I know numbers 1 to 73 (not 70 as Overstreet says) are Gold Key and numbers 4 to 87 are Whitman but I belive alot of Whitman were not produced and would like to know what numbers. Mintage figures for all of these to would be interesting. But I don't know do they keep mintage figures for comics like they do for coins? GK confused.gif

Spoke to Doug and he appears to be very knowledgeable about what you are looking for. . He is also looking forward to hearing from you. Presently, he does have Whitman variants in stock. His email address is:

cworld@mts.net

To have a look at most of what he's got in stock, you can go to:

dougcomicworld.com

Good Luck.

I spoke to him about it and he only has about 80 % of his stuff listed. His biggest problem time. I am meeting with him next Saturday and I'll let him know about the concern. I'll get back to you and let you know what he said. (There could be more to this.) If there is anything you're specifically interested in I can ask him about it. Please let me know. It'll be fun.

Sincerely,

Herb Michaelis

Give it another try. I emailed him a couple times and got through both times. He did say he's been having problems when I talked to him on the phone. Good Luck.

If you can't get througth, I'd be happy to relay a message when I see him next Saturday.