• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Comicon - August 5th

87 posts in this topic

The show absolutely killed today. I don't know the final count but I'm sure it was 800+ attendees. Lots of costumes and LOTS of kids, which was great to see. Picked up some great books in .50-$1 boxes like Hulk 271, Rocket Raccoon minis, multiple Thor 344s, etc. Michael Eury should be a guest dealer at every comics convention in the country. The man's knowledge of his Back Issue magazine and comics in general is stunning. It was a pleasure to talk to him and buy some great back issues of Back Issue!

Thanks Sam!!! (thumbs u

Sam has to be the best hot book flipper I know.............and I know a lot!!! lol

Michael is a very special guest and great comic historian.............we hope to have him back in December.

It was crowded...............but we will be at the Marriott Executive Park on December 16th and it is a much bigger room.

Since it will be in a bigger room; you need to make sure someone brings Dave a megaphone to use. No one could hear him calling out the prize winners until the little girl took over for him and started to screem out the names lol

Psy

Well we shattered all attendance records with 869 through the door!

Good seeing all the board members that came out!

Will get some pics up soon.......

Congrats, looks like your hard work to promote and build this show is paying off.

Thanks Torch..............it has.

We've basically just about outgrown the room we're in. They are going to be renovating and increasing the size of the room this Fall. We'll see what happens next year.

Roger Mannon in the red shirt - the promoter of the Virginia Vintage Comic Show coming up on August 18th in Salem VA and Alan Gill in the grey shirt and ball cap - the promoter of the NC Comicon coming up in Durham on November 17th and 18th

CC08051215.jpg