• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOUR TO GO (Plus Some Promos)

57 posts in this topic

How wonderfully weird.

Nice to see you post something that doesn't mention Doctor Who.

2 of my posts mention that program, and you just mentioned it once, so your half way there.

good going on the quest, can't believe your so close.

I hear Roger K Barrat has the 4 you need.

sorry, bad joke.

2 of my posts mention that program, and you just mentioned it once, so your half way there.

Oh I've mentioned it more than once

Isn't he the one who led us on a wild goose chase with the Tenth Planet Part Four ???

Oh I've mentioned it more than once

Isn't he the one who led us on a wild goose chase with the Tenth Planet Part Four ???

yes, curse his bones.

Yes the regular size Bugs Bunny Post Office comic came out when the Bugs stamp first came out. There was also a smaller version that wasn't well publishized that was only available through STAMPERS. It may have been later when one of the other LOONEY TOON stamps came out. Maybe when PORKY, or DAFFY, or maybe when all were already out. Actually I think it was after they were all out. Some kind of stamp album you had to buy if I remember right. I wish I would of saved the old POST OFFICE STAMP FLYER that told what was coming out at the time. Thats were I remember seeing something about this comic. The POST OFFICE STAMPERS CLUB always had some special thing going on with the stamps. Either trading cards, comics, posters, special post cards, and such. I hope this help ya. Even though I never actually seen the mini-comic your looking for, I only know it exists from the flyer. And I have ordered from the STAMPERS CLUB so I'm sure that if it was in the flyer it very well exist. And then it may be a situation where they might have discontinued the item. That would make it even rarer and harder to find. I remember when I ordered CHINESE NEW YEAR STAMP trading cards from them and they became discontinued just when I ordered. They seemed to do that kind of thing on a regular basis. But it was all pretty cool stuff that wasn't well publishized. Good luck in your search.

The following article seems to verify what Mister Comics is saying and you can infer that a million copies may have been printed.

USPS Stamp Promotion Program a Sucess

In the February 17th issue of Linn's Stamp News Bill McAllister reported very good news on the Postal Service's attempt to promote stamps to kids. The stamp promotion is called STAMPERS and it involves the USPS targeting kids ages 8 to 12. Kids or their parents either call a toll free number or send postage prepaid cards to the Post Office who ships the kids a packet containing stamp collecting information, a stamp comic book featuring Bugs Bunny, and a packet of baseball card sized STAMPER cards, to which the kids can attach current U.S. stamps. The USPS then follows up that mailing by sending the kids a calender featuring the upcoming stamp issues for 1997.

The Post Office had hoped to send the packets to 500,000 youngsters by September 30, 1997. As of the start of February, that number is at 998,000. Rather than being overwhelmed by the response, the USPS says that all requests for the stamp collecting kits have been sent out within two days.

This is nothing but good news for the hobby. While the majority of the kids will quickly lose interest in the STAMPERS program, if just 1% of the kids keep with the hobby, then that will mean over 100,000 new collectors. And it is likely that many more kids will become "casual collectors", or collectors who do not pay attention to philatelic news, but instead just save stamps that they purchase at their Post Office window. The Post Office has done a fantastic job with this program. The end zone is right ahead, all the USPS has to do is not fumble.

I may have spoken too soon. After putting this up, I recieved word that the USPS had run out of both STAMPER cards and the stamp comic book shortly after sending off their one millionth package. However, the USPS promises that it will continue to send free items to these kids for the rest of the year.

The following article seems to verify what Mister Comics is saying and you can infer that a million copies may have been printed.

But if a million copies had been printed, it wouldn't be so impossible to find. The other regular sized Bugs Bunny Post Office comic is EASY to find, and it says on that comic that only a hundred thousand were printed as a limited edition. So if a million WERE printed, we wouldn't still be looking for it. I'll bet there weren't a million copies of "The Aquateers Meet The Super Friends" printed, for example.

893applaud-thumb.gifIan where are ya? Drop in once in a while confused-smiley-013.gif

Send him a PM and ask him to return to posting on the forums. I just did. Though he could be melodramatic, his melodrama was highly entertaining and only added to what made Ian unique. I miss reading his posts on these forums. cloud9.gif And if anyone thinks less of me because I miss Ian's contributions, they can go 893censored-thumb.gif themselves.

angel.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifIan where are ya? Drop in once in a while confused-smiley-013.gif

Send him a PM and ask him to return to posting on the forums. I just did. Though he could be melodramatic, his melodrama was highly entertaining and only added to what made Ian unique. I miss reading his posts on these forums. cloud9.gif And if anyone thinks less of me because I miss Ian's contributions, they can go 893censored-thumb.gif themselves.

angel.gif

Sure he contributed, i even sent him a PM telling him to update me on the situation.

I even said sorry for being one of the three 'reprobates' on the boards and all he can do is throw it in my face.

So 893censored-thumb.gif him!

angel.gif

Sure he contributed, i even sent him a PM telling him to update me on the situation.

I even said sorry for being one of the three 'reprobates' on the boards and all he can do is throw it in my face.

There were three reprobates?...I thought there was only one.... confused.gif

angel.gif

No, he named three in a PM.

I don't suppose they care being named.

DARTHDIESEL

deathlok

ultimatevenom

angel.gif

hi.gif

angel.gif

Well, you did gleefully throw your hat into the ring and report him to ebay even though he'd already been reported (for a first time transgression, natch), and then waved buh-bye at him when he trundled off. Plus he never did you any wrong.

Sometimes sorry ain't enough, UV. 893naughty-thumb.gif

angel.gif

Well, you did gleefully throw your hat into the ring and report him to ebay even though he'd already been reported (for a first time transgression, natch), and then waved buh-bye at him when he trundled off. Plus he never did you any wrong.

So out of the others that named themselves as reporting it, i am the only one to get picked out?

The other two 'reprobates' have other reasons aswell as this confused-smiley-013.gif

angel.gif

So out of the others that named themselves as reporting it, i am the only one to get picked out?

The other two 'reprobates' have other reasons aswell as this confused-smiley-013.gif

Never mind that. Did the other two sinners ( tongue.gif) apologize? I'm not condoning Ian's behaviour in this instance, but you should've known he would've reacted that way.