• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Question: Input please!

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys :hi:

I''ll be at a show next week, and there are a few Star Wars actors showing up.

I have got a Star Wars poster for a few to sign at the show, but there are some lesser known people in attendance, and I'm unsure if it's worth my while having them sign my poster...

Can you give me your opinions on it it's worth getting the actors/characters below please, do they appear often at shows? do they have fairly big parts in the movie(s) - I don't remember them specifically in any of the films :shrug: and, are they good guests in general? I'm really unsure.

williamhoyland.jpg

William Hoyland

bailing.jpg

Bai Ling

anthonysmee.jpg

Anthony Smee

The poster I was thinking of going with has no main characters on it really, maybe that's better? I just really loved the poster though. This was the one I was thinking of going with:

18438429_700x700min_1.jpg

But I agree, Bai Ling is off my potential list :)

Sean has sold the idea of getting Anthony Smee on it though hm

but what about William Hoyland? hm

Hi Lloyd, :hi:

The two male Imperial officers in your pictures both appeared on Endor in the Return of the Jedi movie. Your awesome poster is of the the Hoth battle in the Empire Strikes Back movie (except it does have the first Death Star in it too). (shrug)

I don't know if this makes any difference to you or not. In any case, it's good to see another Star Wars fan actually post on these boards! (thumbs u

May the Force be with You!

Thanks for the info :)

I'm not sure if it does bother me, about the poster being the Hoth battle. I think I see it like this; Star Wars is all one big universe to me, so it doesn't make a difference, but saying that; I am thinking about maybe choosing another poster now lol Any suggestions? This is the website I was getting it from: http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=star+wars+poster&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

The main guests who I was deffinitely going to get at the show were Dave Prowse (Vader), Kenny Baker (R2D2), and Jeremy Bulloch (Fett).

I've met them all before, but I didn't have enough money at the time to get a poster done, but I've always been a Star Wars fan, so I figured now is the time to do it.

I'm not saying I'm as big a fan as you (worship) but I still think it's awesome.

Hi Lloyd, :hi:

The two male Imperial officers in your pictures both appeared on Endor in the Return of the Jedi movie. Your awesome poster is of the the Hoth battle in the Empire Strikes Back movie (except it does have the first Death Star in it too). (shrug)

I don't know if this makes any difference to you or not. In any case, it's good to see another Star Wars fan actually post on these boards! (thumbs u

May the Force be with You!

I looked at the link for the posters and I would probably choose the same one you did if I was going to have multiple cast members sign it over time. I think it looks great, would display well and would be a good fit for anyone involved with the original trilogy.

If the idea is to have as many people related to Star Wars sign it over time as possible then I would go ahead and get both actors that you mentioned.(and I think that is a sweet idea)...

It would be cool to see that thing all signed up in a year two with names of actors, stuntman, effects dudes, ewoks etc etc and these guys aren't getting any younger either.

I have a poster similar to this one for all three original movies. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harrison-Ford-Hamill-Cast-Signed-Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-Poster-PSA-DNA-/300672653552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46017c98f0#ht_1195wt_1396

As a avid Star Wars collector I would personally have them sign a poster for the movie they were in if they were only in one of the original three, like these two guys were. Now if they never show up to these things to sign and they are getting fairly old, I would say that 'could' be worth a little more some day. Albeit, nothing like it if you had Alec Guinness sign something. :)

I am currently in your same situation but for a ton of vintage SW comics related to the upcoming SW Celebrations party in Aug.

So far only a few key SW players will be there but if I am going to drop $5k or so on a trip, expenses and then all the costs on getting these sigs graded by CGC, then I want to make sure I have some key folks sign them. As I don't think I would be able to get much of an ROI if I just had some actor sign the comic who was Boba Fett's stunt double in Return of the Jedi for 15.2 seconds of the entire film.

Just my two cents.

The poster I was thinking of going with has no main characters on it really, maybe that's better? I just really loved the poster though. This was the one I was thinking of going with:

18438429_700x700min_1.jpg

But I agree, Bai Ling is off my potential list :)

Sean has sold the idea of getting Anthony Smee on it though hm

but what about William Hoyland? hm

Any one from the original 3 films should be signing that amazing poster Lloyd!