• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Chromium/Foil age thread. (1990's) Show us your books.

162 posts in this topic

What's wrong, mods god your balls?

Actually, Rockhead keeps reporting my posts to the Mods (2-3 so far have been deleted, apparently for calling him Rock-something), so that his inexperience in this area (i.e. he obviously got into comics in the 90's an dhas no clue about the 70's and 80's) cannot be properly illustrated.

That he posted the incorrect comic (hint, it was polybagged) and then took me to task for the year, is too hilarious for words. :facepalm:

Do you have friends?

I like "enhanced" books; they're gimmicky, but I grew up in a gimmicky era, so my brain is wired to respond to shiny books.

I've considered starting a collection of slabbed foil/hologram/chromium books in the past.

Me too. I remember an evil Ernie book that was bright green, and a few others that reflected sunlight into your eyes from the LCS window. Good stuff.

I like "enhanced" books; they're gimmicky, but I grew up in a gimmicky era, so my brain is wired to respond to shiny books.

I've considered starting a collection of slabbed foil/hologram/chromium books in the past.

Me too. I remember an evil Ernie book that was bright green, and a few others that reflected sunlight into your eyes from the LCS window. Good stuff.

3564b28e-af3d-4c07-aefb-73792f0b26ea.jpg

b2_167481_0_EvilErnieRevenge1of4BBlackYest.jpg

04-15-245.JPG

evervar.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!iQE3R)kOl9TBOHl))fB+Q~~0_3.JPG

:whee:

omg. green foil, im so there.

Whats the second to last one, and does it glow in the dark?

I did it, i think we are the same age. I love it! JC hates it. Double win!

scan0159.jpg

Same here. Great book by the way. I have a few copies myself.

Actually, Rockhead keeps reporting my posts to the Mods (2-3 so far have been deleted, apparently for calling him Rock-something), so that his inexperience in this area (i.e. he obviously got into comics in the 90's an dhas no clue about the 70's and 80's) cannot be properly illustrated.

That he posted the incorrect comic (hint, it was polybagged) and then took me to task for the year, is too hilarious for words. :facepalm:

Do you have friends?

His wife's an audiologist.

He can never figure out why she never seems to hear him. :grin:

Do you have friends?

His wife's an audiologist.

He can never figure out why she never seems to hear him. :grin:

I always thought of him as a spiderman villain... The Antagonist! Throwing words and making your head spin until it falls off.

3564b28e-af3d-4c07-aefb-73792f0b26ea.jpg

b2_167481_0_EvilErnieRevenge1of4BBlackYest.jpg

04-15-245.JPG

evervar.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!iQE3R)kOl9TBOHl))fB+Q~~0_3.JPG

:whee:

Ah, memories. I know what my next collecting endeavor is going to be! 4th one down he has tiddies. And wasn't there a book with a purple jewel on it as a gimmick? I'm too lazy to find it and post.

And wasn't there a book with a purple jewel on it as a gimmick? I'm too lazy to find it and post.

I can't be bothered to Google that for specific details either, but I think you're referring to the Eclipso special from DC?

I did it, i think we are the same age. I love it! JC hates it. Double win!

scan0159.jpg

Awesome, always loved that one. It's so gaudy. :applause: