• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommendations for a sketch cover please!

7 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Events forum, but no response yet - thought you good people might have some ideas:

I'm looking to have a blank cover or two sketched at Baltimore Comic Con this year. Already targeted Michael Dooney for one and was wondering whether anyone has a recommendation for another? I'm thinking Thing or Hulk.

Here's the artists alley list: Baltimore artists alley

Advice appreciated (preferably on the not crazily expensive side of things...)!

Adam

honestly go through the baltimore list & look each artist up on CAF.....reason being their pro work can sometimes or in most cases be a complety different styles or detail lv to a con sketch

keep a running list of who's art you liked then when you get to the con check prices and decide then

another way is once you have your list google the artist and maybe you'll find their offical site or their art reps page (hell i did it through ones facebook page once) there you can ask prices and such......might even be able to mail the book to them and they will bring the finished sketch to the con for pickup & a home sketch is most of the time better quality then a con sketch but not quite a pro work (this is not always the case as it depends on the artist)

and yes donney does great work and has a great price, always a good combo