• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next MARVEL TEAM movie isn't Avengers 2... (Possible Spoiler)

72 posts in this topic

So much interest in this film. The fan boys are foaming at the mouth with all these responses. If fan boys aren't hopped up for it will the general public?

i saw the story yesterday and couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm to even start a thread; couldn't name a guardian of the galaxy if my life depended on it

So much interest in this film. The fan boys are foaming at the mouth with all these responses. If fan boys aren't hopped up for it will the general public?

i saw the story yesterday and couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm to even start a thread; couldn't name a guardian of the galaxy if my life depended on it

I've noticed some people are clamoring to get copies of MS 18 First Appearance of the Guardians of the Galaxy...but none of those characters will be on the team for the movie so I am doubting that other than the name that will not give the book a movie bump. Also all the people on the team will have appeared many many times before the 2008 series so I am not sure what kind of bump that book will get. It will probably see something as it is basically a dollar bin book currently.

This is certainly an ambitious, risky and potentially costly project. Marvel Studios has done a good job staying within budget so I'm assuming they must have a decent -script. This could be a really interesting film. If they pull this one off and it does good money at the box office....it opens up so many stories and characters. I'm hoping for a big success!

This is certainly an ambitious, risky and potentially costly project. Marvel Studios has done a good job staying within budget so I'm assuming they must have a decent -script. This could be a really interesting film. If they pull this one off and it does good money at the box office....it opens up so many stories and characters. I'm hoping for a big success!

It all hinges on Rocket Raccoon. He will either be a comedic genius or a major flop.

It all hinges on Rocket Raccoon. He will either be a comedic genius or a major flop.

I liked the Mike Mignola Racoon mini-series in the 80's. :shy: Never thought he would be on the big screen; and maybe they don't put him in it.

This line from wikipedia cracked me up: During Peter David's run on the Hulk series, Hulk went into space and David cynically addressed reader requests for Rocket's reappearance by implying that he had been killed by the aliens known as the Troyjans, who had a pelt mounted on the wall that looked like Rocket's. With Rocket reappearing alive after this story, it can be assumed that the pelt belonged to a non-sapient raccoon.

Must quickly buy all the 1st appearance of Drax The Destroyer comics that I can get my hands on before prices go up......... Oh wait. :facepalm:

Must quickly buy all the 1st appearance of Drax The Destroyer comics that I can get my hands on before prices go up......... Oh wait. :facepalm:

lol this movie is probably the biggest shoot as to what and won't see frenzied price spikes, especially since the 2008 team which they will use has first appearances scattered all over.

I'll give you $500 for the 1st app of Drax The Destroyer in NM :baiting:

Yay, cool. Drax has really hit the big time now. :whee:

lol this movie is probably the biggest shoot as to what and won't see frenzied price spikes, especially since the 2008 team which they will use has first appearances scattered all over.

We don't even know which members of the team they'll use, there were quite a few of them in the teams short history.

I think that Drax is very likely.

I think they'll seriously consider Rocket Racoon but how the hell will that translate to the cinema. :eek:

Adam Warlock deserves to have his own movie if done well.

Starlord is pretty likely.

Major Victory or Mantis, I doubt it.

Bug or Phyla Vell, possibly.

Groot??????

Hey maybe even Jack Flag will be in it. hm

We don't even know which members of the team they'll use, there were quite a few of them in the teams short history.

I think they'll seriously consider Rocket Racoon but how the hell will that translate to the cinema. :eek:

Groot??????

And there in lies the shoot. I don't even know who half these characters are. Major Victory is the only one that would even give MS 18 any real relevance.

Groot??????

No Yondu?