• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On-site pressing at Wizard World Chicago. CFP Comics pressing on-site Chicago.

71 posts in this topic

Joey -

Since not everybody might be familiar with CFP and the services offered, maybe an edit to the thread title is in order, one that explains what CFP will be doing in Chicago? Especially since you only have one thread and not multiples. Like some people. :whistle:

This is the last week to get your books in ahead of the rush. Take advantage of early bird pressing and have your books ready to be dropped off at the CGC booth. Don't miss out due to the CGC no longer taking submission later in the weekend. Be one of the first to have graded books.

A recap of services and contact information:

Prices for on-site pressing at WW Chicago.

CFP Comics will be accepting submissions starting at 1 PM on Wednesday, August the 8th. My goal is to have all books done on the same day they are submitted. WW Philly and WW Chicago are the two shows that CGC offers on-site grading. Add on-site pressing and it is a win/win for collectors and dealers alike. Why wait 110 for your books.

Moderns and Modern SS books: $15.00 each at the show. If you are sure you will have books for me at the show you can hold a slot by pre-ordering and each book is $12.00. No minimum or maximum number of books required.

Pre-1980 books: $25.00 each at the show. If you are sure you will have books for me at the show you can hold a slot by pre-ordering and each book is $20.00. No minimum or maximum number of books required.

Books with a value of $1,000.00 or more: These will be on a per book value basis. I will do my best to work with you on pricing. In Chicago a few collectors and dealers saw a $2,000.00 to $8,000.00 increase in comic value with an outlay of under $100 for pressing fees.

Books submitted to me that you want me to bring to the show: Please have these in at least a week to ten days in advance of the show. I would be happy to deliver these to you at the show.

Magazines: I will be offering on-site pressing for magazines. Please keep in mind CGC does not grade magazines on-site. The cost per magazine is $20.00.

No dumbed down version of the pressing service, all the work will be completed by me. Each book is handled with the same care regardless of cost.

Why pay more? Get the same results and have enough money to buy more books.

You can contact me via the boards (I will be checking messages all day), or call/text at (407) 474-7718. I will let you know via text, PM, email or call when your books are done.

Joey -

Since not everybody might be familiar with CFP and the services offered, maybe an edit to the thread title is in order, one that explains what CFP will be doing in Chicago? Especially since you only have one thread and not multiples. Like some people. :whistle:

Thanks for the heads up. Let me clarify a few things.

In addition to bringing books with me for onsite grading I will be set up on Tuesday, yes Tuesday the 7th and will start accepting books then. If you are already in the area and want to get a head start on having your books ready for submission on Thursday I am the man to see. Contact me at (407) 474-7718.

I arrive around 1 PM.

CFP Comics will be around from Tuesday till Saturday evening for all your pressing and pre-screening needs. Book has a few indents? No problem. Spine roll? No problem. Just want to give it a quick facelift? No problem.

My pricing structure is listed in the thread. I thank the 1,000 + viewers who have not only viewed my thread but the many who have already taken advantage of my "early bird" special. Why pay more when you don't have to.

I hope to see some of you tomorrow. Just a quick FYI regarding purchases from certain dealers.

Anyone who purchases a book worth $200 or more from:

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

Greg Reece

will get their books pressed for free. Please make sure to stop by their booths and pick up a few books.

I hope to see some of you tomorrow. Just a quick FYI regarding purchases from certain dealers.

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

Greg Reece

will get their books pressed for free. Please make sure to stop by their booths and pick up a few books.

:o

Is this for the said book that was worth $200 or more or for other books as well?

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

Greg Reece

I'd be looking at all 3 dealers anyway, but it certainly is a motivator and a very shrewd tactic.

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

Greg Reece

I'd be looking at all 3 dealers anyway, but it certainly is a motivator and a very shrewd tactic.

Agreed.

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

Greg Reece

I plan on spending all my money with Greg and Dale again.