• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favo(u)rite Comic Panel?

128 posts in this topic

wolverine-alone.jpg

Love that scene...Love that issue.

Back when Wolverine was cool. What happened?

Great book.

Marvel turned Wolvie and the X-Men into commodities and ruined everything that was great about them.

That was the beginning of the Marvel decline.

The last panel of Kingdom Come #3 where Superman gets took down was a stunner for me reading it the first time around.

Photobucket

his crotch is too much a focal point

The last panel of Kingdom Come #3 where Superman gets took down was a stunner for me reading it the first time around.

Photobucket

his crotch is too much a focal point

Thats the point, Shazam to Superman

"You sit down, big has arrived" lol

Two of my favorite panel pages (couldn't pick just one panel) in one of my favorite books of all time come together to create one of the most memorable moments in comics for me. Batman and Joker share a moment (at the end of a hell of a story) and for a split second (before the cops show up) they are not just a hero and a villain, but something else. One of the most satisfying endings I've read. Thank you Mr. Moore and Mr. Bolland.

1-24easteregg2a.jpg

dcmoment57b.jpg

I suppose a splash page is just one big panel. This is, hard to say, not a "favorite" based on the subject matter, but certainly the most powerful I have ever seen.

Jack Cole's work in TRUE CRIME COMICS #2 (May 1947).

murdermorphineme.jpg

I suppose a splash page is just one big panel. This is, hard to say, not a "favorite" based on the subject matter, but certainly the most powerful I have ever seen.

murdermorphineme.jpg

This is pretty cool. Does the rest of the story live up to the splash page?

murdermorphineme.jpg

This is pretty cool. Does the rest of the story live up to the splash page?

It has been years since I read it but yes, it does. Here is one of the most famous "injury to the eye" panels, taken from the same story. That is the same "Mary Kennedy" as in the splash page.

murdmorphme-eye.jpg