• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book References In Movies

23 posts in this topic

I forget the name of the movie,( but it was the prequel to Hunt For Red October starring Denzel)

Two sailors are fighting, Denzel breaks it up and asks what it was about, one of the sailors says they were fighting over who's version of Silver Surfer was better, Kirby's or Mobius's. Denzel laughs and says " everyone knows it was Kirby's, right?"

The movie you are thinking of is Crimson Tide...

It was a stand-alone movie and not a prequel to The Hunt for Red October... those were the Jack Ryan movies with Alec Baldwin (Hunt for Red October), Harrison Ford (Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger) and Ben Affleck (Half Prequel/Half Reboot - Sum of All Fears) which were all good in their own right as they were taken from the Tom Clancy universe.

I forget the name of the movie,( but it was the prequel to Hunt For Red October starring Denzel)

Two sailors are fighting, Denzel breaks it up and asks what it was about, one of the sailors says they were fighting over who's version of Silver Surfer was better, Kirby's or Mobius's. Denzel laughs and says " everyone knows it was Kirby's, right?"

The movie you are thinking of is Crimson Tide...

It was a stand-alone movie and not a prequel to The Hunt for Red October... those were the Jack Ryan movies with Alec Baldwin (Hunt for Red October), Harrison Ford (Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger) and Ben Affleck (Half Prequel/Half Reboot - Sum of All Fears) which were all good in their own right as they were taken from the Tom Clancy universe.

I stand corrected. (: