• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wholesale to All Deal - Herb Trimpe Crest vs. Cavity Creeps Cels

1 post in this topic

Back when I started collecting comics in the 80's, I remember picking up Overstreet Price Guides and seeing ads for San Mateo Art (the Donnelly's) offering Herb Trimpe Crest vs. the Cavity Creeps cels for sale. I was always intrigued, but never bit the bullet and bought any as I didn't know what they looked like.

Fast forward a 15-20 years when I ran into the Donnelly's at Wonder Con and finally got to see the cels live. When I saw how fun they were (and how they brought back fond memories of Saturday mornings when I'd anxiously await for the commercials to find out how the Crest Team would defeat the next attack by the Cavity Creeps), I had to buy a few. A couple years later, I was doing a relative large trade deal with them and we were off by a bit so I had them throw in the full inventory of Crest vs. Cavity Creeps animaition cels and drawings that they still had. I figured that I'd "liberate" them for fellow collectors to enjoy.

Well, it's been a few years since I went through and organized them and I realize that I haven't done much to get them into the hands of collectors who can truly enjoy them. So, I decided this 4th of July to celebrate the liberation of the red, white and blue (the colors of the Crest Team's uniforms) and sell Crest vs. Cavity Creeps cels to all who want them at wholesole prices (hooray)! They make a great gift for yourself, your friends, or your dentist (if you have a friend that's a dentist - you get a two-fer). And (bonus), each cel typically comes with a matching production drawing (another two-fer)! Some even come with color photocopy backgrounds (three-fer?). Sample cels can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=18644

Here's what I'm offering:

- Your choice of any cel/drawing set = $25

- Your choice of any 3 different cel/drawing sets = $60

- Your choice of any 6 different cel/drawing sets = $100

- Set of cels/drawings from each of the 14 sequences I have = $200

- Selection of 50 cels/drawings (no more than 5 of any one sequence) = $500

- Selection of 100 cels/drawings (no more than 10 of any one sequence) = $800

- Selection of 200 cels/drawings (no more than 20 of any one sequence) = $1200

What art can you buy nowadays at those prices (hell, what could you buy for those prices 10 years ago)? And, hell, you could give these away to all your friends and they would think you spent a fortune on them (and you're cool).

With every purchase, I will try to include at least one cel signed by Herb Trimpe himself - the artist who was the layout artist for these cartoons (if you're buying a larger quantities, I'll include more). Over the years, Herb has signed a few of these for me when I've met up with him.

I'll be heading to San Diego and can personally drop these off to those that are attending the show. Otherwise, I will charge you actual shipping. I know Herb Trimpe is also planning on being in San Diego this year - so for those that are attending, you can probably get him to sign a few more for you, if desired.

To all a happy 4th of July and don't forget to brush every day so the Cavity Creeps don't make holes in your teeth!

To reserve or questions, send me a PM.