• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2013: ONLINE BADGE PREREGISTRATION

19 posts in this topic

It's never too early, right ?

COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2013: ONLINE BADGE PREREGISTRATION

Comic-Con 2013 attendee badges will be available for purchase online through the EPIC registration website in August 2012. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic-Con 2012 for Comic-Con 2013 badges. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2012 4-day attendee or 1-day attendee badge will be eligible to participate in 2013 online preregistration.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online preregistration in August. Open online registration for all categories listed above will occur at a later date.

Those eligible for Comic-Con 2013 online preregistration will be able to purchase up to 3 badges total. You will need a unique Member ID for each badge purchased. Eligible 2012 attendees may purchase badges for other eligible 2012 attendees, but they will not be allowed to purchase badges for those who did not attend Comic-Con 2012 or for any of the ineligible categories above.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2012, via e-mail, with the date, time, and link for online badge preregistration. The notification will be sent to the e-mail associated with your Member ID account.

I think this is a great system - for those of us who have our 2012 passes. For those out of luck, or anyone that did not buy a legitimate ticket for 2012, then unfortunately you are probably out of luck again for next year. This may end up being like season tickets for sold out NFL games where past ticket holders get first preference for the next season, then thousands are on the waiting list to get in.

I guess when it gets as crazy as it has been the last few years, then they need to do something. This new system may not be best for everyone, but it probably is best for the majority.

I have just about had it with SDCC,personally this is probably going to be my last year.I think I will go to Long Beach and Terry's Yorba Linda show from now on.It always seems like such a hassle,still I will get my book from New Force every year though.

Yes, you could see it coming.

They had 2012 ticket holders surveyed, as to how they would like the 2013 preregistration handled.

I admit my answers favored the system that's being implemented for 2013.

Yes, you could see it coming.

They had 2012 ticket holders surveyed, as to how they would like the 2013 preregistration handled.

I admit my answers favored the system that's being implemented for 2013.

Yep, it mirrored my answers too. I'm pretty happy about this -- though it may still end up being my last SDCC. Getting too expensive relative to what you can get out of some of the second tier shows. May end up at Wonder, Emerald City, C2E2, or Heroes next year.

I'll still buy tix in August though, just in case.

I feel that this way is better then having to camp out overnight; or show up at 3am to get into a line that doesn't open until 8am; and finding out that you didn't show up soon enough and they already sold out the allotment of tickets for the day. Then having to start the process all over to try for tickets the next day.

San Diego has just gotten to the point; that there are not enough tickets for everyone who wants to go; and there is no system for selling those said tickets; that will make everyone happy.

Psy

Yeah last year was fun,I spent 600 dollars on a hotel room I didn't get to sleep in.Spending all night 7pm to 9am in a line to get tickets for this year.By the time I finally got my tickets Sunday morning I was so tired I didn't want to spend any more time at the show.I went around to board members booths to say goodbye and I went home.

Damn, Oak that's a shame, and I know many others who shared the same fate.

Most people I talked to who preregistered in 2011, suffered through that long lines, missed alot of the convention, and were angry with the process.Of course most frowns turned to smiles once the proccess was completed and 2012 memberships secured.

I refused to do the "line" thing, and took my chances during open online registration. I was lucky, did nothing special, just got lucky and scored Thurs- Sunday single day tickets.

After hearing what happened to others during online registration I felt guilty. The system is brutal, for couples and families,especialy. A single guy going alone(me)

has the best chance of attending.

For SDCC The growing pains have been ulgy, and are not over yet.

I'll be there until I've had enough. For now, I can still manage. The stress and cost is still worth what I'm getting (comics, sketches, toys, apparel, movies, tv shows, celebrities, etc.). I guess it won't be as worth it if the individual is only there for just one thing.

This topic is a bit difficult for me - I have been to ~ 20 SDCCs.

Until 2011, there was never any issue getting tickets...just bought next year's tickets during the show with no hassle - and no lines - even in 2010 when 100K+ attended.

In 2011, there was a poorly communicated process that was an enourmous hassle and so I will miss SDCC this year and sounds like perhaps end 20+ years of attendance.

New system sounds like a decent idea - unless, like me, you were screwed in 2011 after 20+ years of attendance!

Happy that Wondercon was in Anahem this year!

I'm with mtlevy, as I've been to SDCC for 20 years now, but officially in 2012, my badge came from one of the "excluded" categories. Guess I'm relying on favors for future shows... I was secretly hoping that some sort of system could be developed for people with a long history of buying badges that perhaps got squeezed out recently.

I know the show is a nightmare for many and is extremely difficult, but I will love it to death... as long as the show itself is not the cause of my death. :)

Gotta get back to prep work... Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Con I go...

I love this show very much, even though it is only my fourth one this year. But I don't think I'll be able to attend next year --- might be too expensive. May end up at ECCC or Heroes next year instead. I could probably do both for the cost of SDCC.

I've read this a couple of times and I am wondering: Is this August pre-registration limiting the number of available badges? I'm wondering if this the new process, as opposed to standing in line at the 2012 SDCC and hoping to buy the limited number of badges for 2013?

Or do the 2012 attendees have first crack at all 100,000 plus badges? Then any leftovers or returned badges sold to everyone else?

I've read this a couple of times and I am wondering: Is this August pre-registration limiting the number of available badges? I'm wondering if this the new process, as opposed to standing in line at the 2012 SDCC and hoping to buy the limited number of badges for 2013?

Or do the 2012 attendees have first crack at all 100,000 plus badges? Then any leftovers or returned badges sold to everyone else?

My understanding is that this will be out of a limited number of badges; and when I say limited; we are talking anywhere from 40K to 60K in badges available for purchase; if from what I've heard elsewhere is correct.

Psy

Who knows how many tix will be available to we 2012 attendees when made available to us next month. But the bummer is, even for us 2012 ticket holders, we can only buy badges for others who have also bought legit 2012 tickets. Otherwise we'd be able to get some of you in next year that did not get a ticket for this year. But no, it looks like specifically this year's badge holders are the only ones that matter going forward.

I agree that this sucks for anyone who went regularly but could not get tix for this year for whatever reason. I agree with the person who said previously that they should hold tickets for those who attended multiple years in the past, however I doubt their database keeps such records.

wow. i'm starting to think i may never get to go to another san diego comic con. i haven't been able to buy tickets for 3 years now, and it doesn't look like i'll get 2013 either. thank god for wonder con.