• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT? SUPER-BABY BORN IN BERLIN

9 posts in this topic

First it was the Russian girl who could see thru people's bodies and now we have a super-strong baby... Xavier's school may be only a few years away!

READ ARTICLE HERE

From the article:

The moment the little boy was born, the hospital staff knew there was something unusual about him. His muscles looked nothing like the soft baby muscles of the other infants in the nursery. They were bulging and well defined, especially in his thighs and upper arms.

"Everybody noticed," said Dr. Markus Schuelke, a pediatric neurologist at Charité University Medical Center in Berlin.

The baby, it turned out in the first such documented case in a human, had a double dose of a genetic mutation that causes immense strength in mice and cattle. Drugs are under development that, investigators hope, will use the same principle to help people whose muscles are wasting from muscular dystrophy or other illnesses. Experts say the little boy, now 41/2 and still very strong, offers human evidence for the theory behind such drugs.

Current Scientific American has an article on this subject, gene-doping. The mutation is already bred for in Belgian Blue cattle . Modification of genes has been achieved in rats and human trials are at most 10 years away ... mainly due to ethical concerns. The naturally occuring mutation has been detected in a current european world class bodybuilder as well as an olympic champion cross country skier from finland from the 60's.

Great! It's going to be bad enough stumbling around as an 80-year-old.....now I'm going to have to watch out for bands of muscular super-toddlers hanging out in alleys and looking to grab my social security check! 893frustrated.gif

Great! It's going to be bad enough stumbling around as an 80-year-old.....now I'm going to have to watch out for bands of muscular super-toddlers hanging out in alleys and looking to grab my social security check! 893frustrated.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

The naturally occuring mutation has been detected in a current european world class bodybuilder as well as an olympic champion cross country skier from finland from the 60's.

Never heard anything about such cross country skier. Who was he/she confused.gif

Is the Master Race being delevoped in a lab as we speak (type)? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Would be interesting to see if his grandparents/parents were involved in any of the genetic experments the third reich and East Germany engaged in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Myostatin blockade," Dr. McNally wrote, "will probably work its way into professional and amateur athletics, as well as into the ever-growing business of physical enhancement."

I know guys who have been working on this stuff for years. Blocking things that inhibit muscular growth (myostatin, cortosol, estrogen) has been a pretty major portion of a double-pronged approach for bodybuilders and powerlifters.

Uber alles Deutschland!!! sumo.gif