• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Commissions-You-Are-Waiting-For Thread

117 posts in this topic

He offered another one, and we will hash it out at NYCC. What about you?

Just Facebooked him that a Bent Enchantress wasn't what I was hoping for and asked if there was anything that he could do. Hopefully, it'll have a good ending. :wishluck:

i hope you aren't disappointed. Bryne's commissions haven't been very good in a long long time. :(

I'd disagree whoe-heartedly. While his published work is hit or miss for me, his commissions always appear to go above expectation for those who've posted about them online. I have a MTU homage of my on of my favorite covers and he knocked it out of the park. I bought it 4 years ago and it remains one of the coolest commissions I've ever received. Not only in skill, but in detail.

If you like out of proportion expensive sharpie sketches, then yes he's goes above and beyond.

oh come on now, I know it's your opinion, but...

Byrne's commissions are not done in Sharpie. Pitt pens are nice normal ink. No bad connotation needed for the tools he uses. If you're going to be critical, at least be accurate.

I like a lot of his full scene commissions!

There ya go!!! :)

You really haven't seen ANY over the past couple of years that you've liked? There was a huge Mysterio commission a month ago that was fantastic!

But you'd have to agree that the most important thing about an artist doing commissions is that the buyers are happy. For those buying Byrne commission, I don't hear many complaints.

and to get back on thread, I've been waiting 7 months for a painting by the dude. Should be showing up soon! I'm also looking forward to 2 commissions from Paul Rivoche. Totally can't wait to see those!!! After that... hmmmm...

There ya go!!! :)

You really haven't seen ANY over the past couple of years that you've liked? There was a huge Mysterio commission a month ago that was fantastic!

But you'd have to agree that the most important thing about an artist doing commissions is that the buyers are happy. For those buying Byrne commission, I don't hear many complaints.

and to get back on thread, I've been waiting 7 months for a painting by the dude. Should be showing up soon! I'm also looking forward to 2 commissions from Paul Rivoche. Totally can't wait to see those!!! After that... hmmmm...

Paul Rivoche is really good. Look forward to seeing the end results, so please post 'em!

Just Facebooked him that a Bent Enchantress wasn't what I was hoping for and asked if there was anything that he could do. Hopefully, it'll have a good ending. :wishluck:

Prints offered. Inquired about new Enchantress that I'd pick up at some future date. No response yet. :popcorn:

I currently don't have any commissions on the back burning, but I did wait a fairly long time for 3 commissions.

4 years - Tim Vigil - full commission of Cuda

2 years - Pat Gleason - torso of his choosing

1 year - Jeff Stokley - Odin

I have one right now that I don't think will ever be happening, but no money exchanged hand.

Just want to let you all know that the Commission I was waiting for to start this thread is already with me and framed in my wall. Here is the link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=918904&GSub=122143

I will also post a description and more details in The Official Commission Collecting Thread as I have already graduated from this thread.

But I am still waiting on a Byrne Commission. Hopefully before October.

Prints offered. Inquired about new Enchantress that I'd pick up at some future date. No response yet. :popcorn:

Tacit agreement to do one in a month and a half after catching up on deadlines and wedding plans. :popcorn::popcorn:

Nick Bradshaw commission is complete. If your friends with him on Facebook you've already seen it. Got this from him on Friday. What an excellent commission, worth every penny. What a super nice guy as well, hope to maybe get another one from him sometime down the line.

Now all I'm waiting on is a commission from Ron Frenz and i'm done until Mega Con 2013.

Spidermansketchcover.jpg

wow :eek:

Is that a good wow or bad?

I think the Byrne commission is awesome!

It's pretty cool. Inks are pretty smooth.

With the exception of the overly elongated lower torso/waist area on spidey it's pretty well done.

Very fun piece.

I wouldn't have found that link had you not posted it.

Wow! I am in awe! I just can't join the Byrne forum because all my email addresses are from web-based emails and they don't really accept that there.

But to whoever said Byrne's quality has been dipping - I strongly disagree.

Byrne has managed to make this cover better than the original by Gil Kane. But Byrne did the interiors for that issue. I wonder if the Byrne of 1977 had the know-how and experience to do a cover that good, or did Marvel make the right call in choosing Kane.

Spider-Man gets to fill the entire page, Byrne gives a tip of the hat to Kane with the pose of Ms. Marvel which is based on Spidey's post on the original cover, and we all know how awesome Byrne's Super-Skrull is.

Funny thing is, Byrne's agent hasn't even contacted me yet that the commission is done. So I am not sure when and how I will be getting it! I really can't wait!

Again, thanks to everyone in this wonderful forum for pointing out that my commission was done. I would have never known!