• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Anticipation thread...

44 posts in this topic

All the booths will be opened and running on Preview Night.

However, some of the artists may not be there.

I am not convinced that you are telling the truth.

Suck it, Fingh!!!!

Suck it, Fingh!!!!

No. Enjoy the My Little Pony Cosplay Parade.

Last year people were still setting things up on Preview Night, including some of the really large corporate booths. (shrug)

Last year people were still setting things up on Preview Night, including some of the really large corporate booths. (shrug)

Suck it Don. I don't go visit those areas. :facepalm:

Of course, after the margaritas come the dealer hall.

There is nothing like drunken spending with reckless abandon. That is how I received an email once from comiclink with a fed ex tracking number and X-Men 1 showed up on my doorstep a few days later. :facepalm:

It's whiter in person. The pic through the shell do not do it justice.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/ComicDetail.aspx?PeopleComicID=256779&PeopleSetID=44847

:D Too funny!

True story - I think I was with my friends on the train as we pre-gamed all afternoon and on the way into Manhattan. The worst thing technology ever did to my wallet was the iPhone.

Suck it, Fingh!!!!

He's a Brony? hm

I hope you get the Peanuts buttons for Tamara this year since we won't be there. :wishluck:

I hope you get the Peanuts buttons for Tamara this year since we won't be there. :wishluck:

I may be able to get dupes. :foryou:

A repeat from two years ago...notice number 7...

Tips for SDCC:

1. Avoid the convention food, unless you want to get sick or like to feel crappy. There are lots of good restaurants in the Gaslamp district, some cheap and some expensive. My favorites are Cafe 222 for breakfast, and Horton Plaza for lunch. They are reasonably close to the Convention Center. You can also pick up some food at the local Ralphs and carry that around until lunch time. Eat breakfast early, to avoid the crowds. Same for lunch.

2. Wallet always in the front pocket. Bring money, checks and credit cards. Avoid using the ATM at the Convention Center. If you need comic supplies, Bill Cole has a booth, but he usually runs out of stuff by Sunday.

3. Check out the program guide. As stated before, many good panels overlap, so you might miss a few. Give yourself about 15 minutes to get to a panel. Do not hang out at a dealer booth at 1:59 PM and expect to get to a panel that starts at 2:00 PM. This is especially true at the "Hollywood" type of panels located at the bigger halls. Some panels have lines, long lines and you may get shut out. I got shut out of the Science Mystery Theatre panel a couple of years ago, even though I got there 30 minutes before it started.

4. Bring a camera. You never know what you will see (both good and bad). If you want to take a picture of the bad, make sure your camera has a wide angle lens.

5. San Diego has a lot of sights to offer (Midway aircraft carrier, Balboa Park, etc.). If you are tired, hang out at the back of the Convention Center (nice view).

6. The hall is huge! The comics section is small (in comparison). Artist Alley is neat. The costumes are great. The bathrooms are a nightmare on Saturday. If you do use them, don't touch anything (including the floor)! As a hint, use the bathrooms that are further away (located on the second floor, at the back of the Convention Center). Of course, it'll take you 10 minutes to get to them.

7. As a pedestrian, obey the traffic signals and the psuedo cops. It is OK to wait for the next green light.

8. Expect a ton of people in the hall, in each panel, in each bathroom, in front of the convention center and on the sidewalks.

9. The Con does not allow hand carts. Sheesh, I can still hear that lady's voice saying there is no running in the hall, the hall closes in ten minutes...

10. Have a blast!

Avoid the convention food, unless you want to get sick or like to feel crappy. There are lots of good restaurants in the Gaslamp district, some cheap and some expensive.

I like Tin Fish, right across from the convention center. Good food, and you're still close enough to be part of the madness.

Avoid the convention food, unless you want to get sick or like to feel crappy. There are lots of good restaurants in the Gaslamp district, some cheap and some expensive.

I like Tin Fish, right across from the convention center. Good food, and you're still close enough to be part of the madness.

Lou and Mickeys Steak house right across the street has the best steak you'll ever eat. :cloud9: Melt in your mouth Porterhouse.

Lou and Mickeys Steak house right across the street has the best steak you'll ever eat. :cloud9: Melt in your mouth Porterhouse.

That does sound good.

That does sound good.

It's so damn good. :luhv:

The Surfliner pulls into San Diego within the hour. Still a couple of days to go, but can't wait for the con to start! We're psyched. How about you??? :banana:

I cant wait for my friend Royce's :acclaim: con report.

He always does a good job.So much as I feel like im almost there.

Suck it, Fingh!!!!

Jealousy raises its ugly head lol