• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 "Coffee Table" books, Marvel and DC

12 posts in this topic

Ok, i am at my absolute limit in my comic room and HAVE to clear some space. Each day, the stinkeye from the wifey grows worse and worse so i would REALLY rather that these be in your house instead of mine! lol

Standard rules, no probies, HOSers or you know who you are'ers (thumbs u

Shipping will be exact any way you want it. Id rather it just be in the contig. 48 but if you want international, just PM me although as heavy as 2 of the 3 are, i cant imagine it will be worth it but whatever you guys want.

PP, check or MO. If i know you and have done business, no need to wait around for checks or MO, ill send em to you ASAP if you're someone i trust.

Ok, on to the books :whee:

1st up: X-Men: The Characters and Their Universe

Book Description

Publication Date: September 16, 2008

X-Men: The Characters and Their Universe tells the story of this unique band of Marvel comics’ heroes from their creation in 1963 to the present as one of the globe’s hottest franchises. This colorful, lavishly illustrated volume also traces how the characters have been adapted into the media of television and film, including the groundbreaking 1992 animated series and blockbuster feature films, including X-Men III: The Last Stand.

Product Details

Hardcover: 288 pages

Publisher: Universe (September 16, 2008)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 0789399849

ISBN-13: 978-0789399847

Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 1.5 x 14.2 inches

Shipping Weight: 7 pounds

ct4.jpg

This copy has never been opened since i got it for Christmas like 4 years ago. This puppy is BIG and HEAVY! retail was $75, cheapest i can see it new is $35.27

Board price: $32

DC Comics: Sixty years of the Worlds Favorite Comic Book heroes

Book Description

Publication Date: October 1995

In 1935, popular culture was transformed forever when DC published its first book of all-new, all-original comic material. To the delight of millions of kids everywhere, the modern comic book was born.

With the introduction of Superman in 1938. DC Comics made history again, this time with the publication of the first super hero comic book. To this day, the Man of Steel remains the most recognized and celebrated hero in the world. Inspired by its innovative early success, DC went on to create legions of other superheores--Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, and dozens more of the most popular comic book characters ever created.

In the sixty years since the first super heroes were created, the artists, writers, and editors of DC Comics have been developing, refining and extending the reach of their comic book characters. The DC fictional world has branched into a worldwide profusion of entertainment formats: books, toys, movies, radio, television, video games, and an online computer network.

Here, for the very first time, is the complete story of America's favorite heroes and their talented, dedicated creators. In over 100 short and spirited essays, author Les Daniels offers remarkable new anecdotes about the company's history, traces the complex genealogies of the characters, describes behind-the-scenes politics that influence the stories, and interviews dozens of artists and writers--the real stars of his engrossing tales. The reader can open the book anywhere and become immersed immediately in the fantasy world of high adventure and magical mayhem.

Product Details

Hardcover: 256 pages

Publisher: Bulfinch; 1st edition (October 1995)

ISBN-10: 0821220764

ISBN-13: 978-0821220764

Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 9.4 x 0.9 inches

Shipping Weight: 4 pounds

ct2.jpg

ct3.jpg

This was a Christmas present like 15 years ago and you guys KNOW i have never opened this freaking thing!!! lol Very light dustjacket wear and you can see in the pic some kind of crud on the back cover (shrug)

Retail was $40

Board price: $10 SOLD

The Complete Frank Miller Batman

Book Description

Publication Date: December 1989

The Complete Frank Miller Batman. Hardcover comic book. Leatherbound.

Product Details

Hardcover: 312 pages

Publisher: Longmeadow Pr (December 1989)

ISBN-10: 068140969X

ISBN-13: 978-0681409699

Product Dimensions: 10.4 x 6.8 x 1.4 inches

Shipping Weight: 3 pounds

ct1.jpg

I bought this thing for some reason like 20+ years ago at a tiny little comic show because it looked cool. Its definitely a SWEET looking book! Beautiful leather bound. It is so freaking nice looking i think i thought by now it would be worth like $500 back then :screwy:lol

Has NEVER even been opened, absolutely perfect condition!

Nutjobs on Amazon have it for $124.85 at the cheapest!!! :o:screwy::o

Ebay seems more reasonable around $40-50.

Board price: $40. SOLD

( im ashamed to admit but its so nice i wouldnt mind keeping it and actually reading it. ME!! Reading DC!!! :insane:) lol

Sorry bud! Better you than me!!! :banana:

Now if someone will just buy that huge X-book, the wifey will be so happy......well let's just say I'll be doing something us comic nerds aren't exactly known for! hm

lol

Sorry bud! Better you than me!!! :banana:

Now if someone will just buy that huge X-book, the wifey will be so happy......well let's just say I'll be doing something us comic nerds aren't exactly known for! hm

lol

Ice fishing? Showering? Slam Dunking? Rapping?

1st up: X-Men: The Characters and Their Universe

Book Description

Publication Date: September 16, 2008

X-Men: The Characters and Their Universe tells the story of this unique band of Marvel comics’ heroes from their creation in 1963 to the present as one of the globe’s hottest franchises. This colorful, lavishly illustrated volume also traces how the characters have been adapted into the media of television and film, including the groundbreaking 1992 animated series and blockbuster feature films, including X-Men III: The Last Stand.

Product Details

Hardcover: 288 pages

Publisher: Universe (September 16, 2008)

ISBN-10: 0789399849

ISBN-13: 978-0789399847

Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 1.5 x 14.2 inches

Shipping Weight: 7 pounds

ct4.jpg

This copy has never been opened since i got it for Christmas like 4 years ago. This puppy is BIG and HEAVY! retail was $75, cheapest i can see it new is $35.27

Board price: $32

Alright, cmon people!!! Someone make me an offer on this dang thing and get it out of my house! :wishluck: