• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSPG Official Thread 2012!

125 posts in this topic

Sparkle City's ad is a mess in my opinion. I like their auctions and book selection...they have had some really nice books over the past year or so.

They had a few typo's which in some people's minds can hurt the overall message. Although I do give props to them for coming up with an original way to market their business using sheep in superheroes clothing.

As an overall commentary on their motto of "fanatical customer service," I think its well-meaning and others should certainly aspire to a similar model when it comes to treating customers with utmost service. However, keeping in mind they are marketing mainly on eBay, I'm not sure it's the best choice of wording, and I'd be concerned that it opens them up to a lot more oddball dealings with people who just can never be pleased. 2c

For those in Toronto who want the Hero Initiative Hard Cover Paradise Comics has many copies for sale.

They got about 10 and more are on their way up...

I gots mine

FF1 was mentioned earlier as dropping and it seems to be a typo to me....i'm surprised because other keys have not dropped to that degree (JIM 83, TOS 39)

I strongly doubt that the listing on the FF 1 would be a typo since it actually went up from $80K to $90K in top of guide. Although it did indeed go down in price in the 2 lower grades, maybe this is nothing more than Overstreet's way of simply adjusting for the spreads between the various grades that he tends do sometimes on the more expensive key books, which FF 1 certainly would be. hm

Does anybody have the GPA numbers for FF 1 in the lower grades to see what the relative price spreads would actually be to see how close they are to the ones in the guide?

There was a thread in the Gold forum that mentioned the omission of some books from the Top 100 that s/h/b included. A quick glance at the Copper Age list shows the same thing in the Top 10 Copper books. I can (slightly) understand missing one here and there when compiling a list of 100, but 10?

Overstreet defines the Copper Age as '84 - '92. Even if they want to continue with the "Prices vary widely on this book"-mentality for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1, there are still other books from that title which qualify, along with Bone #1.

Bone #1 $500 (#7 on the list)

TMNT #2 $240 (T-#8)

TMNT #3 variant $240 (T-#8)

Does the Top 20 Silver list suffer from the same omissions?