• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making room on my book shelves.

49 posts in this topic

"Dark Valley Destiny the life of Robert E Howard"

Printed by Blue Jay press in 1983 this biography is signed by the authors L. Sprague De Camp and Catherine Cook De Camp

This is the first printing, slip cased signed and numbered edition limited to 1000 copies. This one is copy # 367

The book is in Near Fine/ Fine condition (in book terminology), but the slip case itself has fading.

011-1.jpg

013-3.jpg

012.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

I bought copies of this book in multiples when it first came out, so I have 2 copies I am letting go. This is the collected for the first and only time, the complete 18 issue run of Fantasy Fan. These books were printed by a fan of the Genre who wished to make available to other fans something most of us will never have the opportunity to read. The original fanzine was very low print less than 100 copies per, and few still exist today, so having a copy of this book is a rare treat. The book itself was produced in a quantity of 100, bound and sold at about 10 books at a time over the course of a couple years.

Thes 2 copies I am selling at 50.00 per copy.

The pictures shown are of my personal copy, the 2 I am selling are in unread new condition.

001-1.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

img_20110717_1032482.jpg

img_20110717_1032012.jpg

Amazing Stories October 1941 with an Edgar Rice Burroughs Story " Invisible Men of Mars. I included an interior pic of a non Burroughs Mars story in this pulp as well, because I thought the art and subject matter was pretty intense for 1941.

The pulp is complete and in decent shape.

020-2.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

Argosy, October 1932 with the concluding Chapter of ERBs first Venus book "Pirates of Venus"

I love the cover on this issue! Dolls!! :eek:

The pulp is complete and in decent shape.

016.jpg

015.jpg

014-2.jpg

Thats probably it for now on the books.

I plan to list next a NM- 35 cent variant Amethyst Princess of GemworlD #1

and the Superman Test logo copies of Firestorm and Justice League.

I also have a group of probably 30 or so DC Canadian price Variants in nice shape I might put up as a single lot if anyone is interested in the Canadians. Let me know.

One more I forgot about.

Still in the original shrinkwrap Walking Dead Retailer thank you copy.

This book compiles the first 6 issues of the Walking Dead and was only given to Retailers who supported the Indy title in its infancy. I believe these were given out in 2004 or 2005 and were very limited in number. The books came with a thank you certificate from Kirkman nestled inside the pages.

015-3.jpg

I bought copies of this book in multiples when it first came out, so I have 2 copies I am letting go. This is the collected for the first and only time, the complete 18 issue run of Fantasy Fan. These books were printed by a fan of the Genre who wished to make available to other fans something most of us will never have the opportunity to read. The original fanzine was very low print less than 100 copies per, and few still exist today, so having a copy of this book is a rare treat. The book itself was produced in a quantity of 100, bound and sold at about 10 books at a time over the course of a couple years.

The pictures shown are of my personal copy, the 2 I am selling are in unread new condition.

img_20110717_1032012.jpg

I don't see it listed, but is there any Ray Bradbury material in this?

img_20110717_1032012.jpg

I don't see it listed, but is there any Ray Bradbury material in this?

Not certain. :sorry: I can check tonight (The book is at home)

SOLD!!!

Fury of Firestorm 61 the only other book besides the Justice League 3 to receive the Superman test logo. This issue seems tougher to find than the Justice League 3 for some reason.

6.0 condition

008-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

My apologies for the pic, my scanner is down

Amethyst Princess of Gemworld#1 35 cent variant 9.2

022-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

Fury of Firestorm 61 the only other book besides the Justice League 3 to receive the Superman test logo. This issue seems tougher to find than the Justice League 3 for some reason.

6.0 condition

008-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

:takeit: per PM