• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012 - Lets see those Sketches!

191 posts in this topic

Here's scans of my 2 sketch cover pick-ups.

I was finally able to pick up my Jim Cheung sketch cover. This one was done several months ago and looks even better in-person:

Avengers1_CaptainAmerica_col_w.jpg

This one was penciled by Ed McGuinness at Heroes and inked by Dexter at SDCC:

mcg001.jpg

That's all for sketch covers but I was able to get commissions from Terry Dodson, Francisco Herrera, Matteo Scalera and Agnes Garbowska.

Those will be in my CAF Gallery in the next day or two if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Here is the completed Andy Carreon batman & joker. 2 individual panels and if you look right in the top middle portion you will see it. Again something that sets a artist from other small little details. So happy

279eae1b.jpg

Matt Slay did:

Gi Joe cobras (2), green goblin, hulk, shredder and carnage

Andy Carreon did:

Sabertooth and the batman and joker

Giovanni P. Timpano did:

Cyclops vs Cap and Thing vs Hulk. Face offs

Allison Sohn did:

Emma Frost

I have to say coming from a small town in Canada and attending my first con of 12,000 (more like 5k) to San Diego in a year for me was insane. But the people and artists were amazing especially the ones I was very fortunate to get art from

Awesome 5 days not much of a vacation as my legs are killing me and I think I ate about 100 farts!!!

Here is the completed Andy Carreon batman & joker. 2 individual panels and if you look right in the top middle portion you will see it. Again something that sets a artist from other small little details. So happy

279eae1b.jpg

Carreon has yet to disappoint me. Got one at Wondercon, got one this week at SDCC, and already working for Comikaze.

Very down to earth, always on top of communicating (via online or in person), good with requests and specifics, never ashamed to erase or even re-draw the whole sketch, can knock down pencils, inks or colors. Unfortunately, very under-rated.

Props to one of the board's resident artist