• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012 - Lets see those Sketches!

191 posts in this topic

and here are the rest of my roommates sketches, although we are missing a couple of pics of his

Stuart Sayger-Professor X

Sayger.jpg

Agnes garbowksa-Avengers Rockband

Agnes.jpg

Took me a minute to see the Professor but I think it rocks after looking at it a few minutes....and the rockband has got to be the best thing I've seen all show. :applause:

Like I promised.

75ce94b0.jpg

This is beautiful. It made me look up Allison Sohn and :o . Her females are stunning. Someone get a Sohn opp going right now!

The booth to artist alleyhas to be a quarter of a mile. I'm tired but loving it! Artist alley is super small

Thanks again for making this run with me to pick up my Michael Dooney Emma Frost 1887 sketch and the sketch advice yesterday :)

Late with this but it was great to meet you! Glad you got your sketches done! :headbang:

Ron Lim pencils and inked by Tom Nguyen

Unnamed-2-2.jpg

Michael Dooney...blank courtesy of .Troy :)

Unnamed-8.jpg

Jim Cheung- This was commissioned at Boston Comic Con through GACollectibles. Jimmy wasn't able to finish and took it home. With all the credit going to Andy for coordinating this sketch and for picking it up from SDCC. I think we were both in shock at how awesome this came out. I gave reference for the uniform but the cosmic cube was a real surprise addition.

chuengredskull.jpg

Esad Ribic super thanks to Mr. Mylar Mike for this

riibicblackadam.jpg

That`s why I got it. She told me this was her first ever comic cover....I was happy to buy it. Also I was a little weary about getting a female character in my opinion they are extremely difficult to pull off tastefully...but to each his own. But ya I was more then happy the way it turned out....I would love to get a few more sketches from her :)

So here are my sketches. Picked up early Thursday while I was on the hunt for SDCC's exclusive toys, and on Sunday for those who decided to take their time. I was in Hall H the whole day Friday and Saturday. I realized there are a lot of artists out there who CAN NOT go with my theme (skills wise), and those who just don't want to for legal purpose (who's still afraid of McFarlane?!?). So I went with lesser-known artists who can sketch what I paid them to do. 15 total subbed fast track to CGC. One unfortunately to be continued at DragonCon.

WARNING. IF YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE THE INCREDIBLE HULK #340 AND ALL HOMAGE AND SWIPES, THEN SCROLL OFF THIS POST.

Reily Brown - Cable vs. Deadpool

354afe5b.jpg

Matt Slay - Leonardo vs. Vanilla Ice

5148a19d.jpg

Babisu Kourtis - Galahad vs. Lizard King with Fatsa in the back. Together with Achilleas below, the funniest people I talked to all week.

3a262716.jpg

Lord Mesa - Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. I asked Mesa why he made Mayweather look like a kid. Mesa said, "Coz Mayweather is the biggest baby of them all!" Baby Wolvie vs Baby Hulkie with Capri Sun, I think.

785a04d6.jpg

494634a7.jpg

Couple Combo Jerry & Penelope Gaylord. Jerry did the Shredder vs. not just one, but all 4 turtles. Penny did the Wonder Woman vs. Powergirl. I've been trying to get an excuse to get a Powergirl sketch. This couple is so down-to-earth, and they love the fact that I got my GF tagging along with me in my sketch run.

5cb541a8.jpg

fd84f1b9.jpg

Achilleas Kokkinakis - Wolverine with Infinity Gauntlet vs. Thanos, might as well get on the hype. Peter Griffin as Wolvie vs The Giant Chicken plus Hulk #1 swipe in the back featuring the giant chicken. Funniest swipe ever!

02719c50.jpg

fb7daae3.jpg

Ryan Odagawa - Super Saiyan 2 Trunks vs Cell, Voltron vs. Robobeast

dcd956d3.jpg

d168bac9.jpg

Tom Hodges - Jack Sparrow vs. Davey Jones in a Captain America blank!

a40c626b.jpg

Andy Carreon - Deadpool vs Logan. A reverse of Andy's previous work for me. Homie is still one of my fave artists out there.

bb2db999.jpg

Bill Maus - Hulk with decapitated arm of Wolverine vs. Spider-Man, this is actually his idea. Lady Death vs. Supergirl

39f83d76.jpg

cd0d4bed.jpg

Reily Brown - Cable vs. Deadpool

354afe5b.jpg

Lord Mesa - ... Baby Wolvie vs Baby Hulkie with Capri Sun, I think.

494634a7.jpg

Couple Combo Jerry & Penelope Gaylord. ... Penny did the Wonder Woman vs. Powergirl. I've been trying to get an excuse to get a Powergirl sketch. This couple is so down-to-earth, and they love the fact that I got my GF tagging along with me in my sketch run.

5cb541a8.jpg

Achilleas Kokkinakis - Wolverine with Infinity Gauntlet vs. Thanos, might as well get on the hype. ...

02719c50.jpg

Bill Maus - Hulk with decapitated arm of Wolverine vs. Spider-Man, this is actually his idea. Lady Death vs. Supergirl

39f83d76.jpg

cd0d4bed.jpg

My favs of your pickups :golfclap:

Ron Lim pencils and inked by Tom Nguyen

Unnamed-2-2.jpg

Michael Dooney...blank courtesy of .Troy :)

Unnamed-8.jpg

Jim Cheung- This was commissioned at Boston Comic Con through GACollectibles. Jimmy wasn't able to finish and took it home. With all the credit going to Andy for coordinating this sketch and for picking it up from SDCC. I think we were both in shock at how awesome this came out. I gave reference for the uniform but the cosmic cube was a real surprise addition.

chuengredskull.jpg

Esad Ribic super thanks to Mr. Mylar Mike for this

riibicblackadam.jpg

That Cheung is insane! :o(worship) Congrats!!!!